Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

I Can't Sleep Anymore

I have always had sleeping problems which include: not being comfortable in any position, taking a long time to fall asleep, waking up multiple times during the night, and sometimes waking up and not being able to fall back asleep. But recently they have gotten worse. I am only 18, and I live with my bf at his house. He told me one day that he noticed when I sleep I breath differently. I stop breathing for 10 to 15 seconds at a time and take short breaths. After a few minutes of breathing like this I move around, like a get startled and uncomfortable then switch sleeping postions and continue sleeping.. Sometimes ill wake up altogether but not notice why. Last night I asked him to point it out while I was falling asleep.. In a matter of 10 minutes he pointed out to me 3 times I had stopped brething.. After a few monites of trying to fall alseep I also got really hot and got a head ache. My bf mother gave me a sleeping pill the other night and it really made a difference on how rested I felt the next day. When I experience a bad night sleep which is almost every night of not every other night I take naps around 12 o clock in school and 5 o clock. I cant help falling asleep in school. I know I need helpo and I want to go to a doctor but I was hoping for an opnion before I visit the doctor. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! I am no Dr. But I know of others that have this situation, you probably shoul go to the Dr., he/she may want to do a sleep study on you and teir is a machine you can rent to own that will help you with this situation. Their is aalso natural medications you can take, but I am not sure of the side effects but you do want to be careful in taking othe people's meds, especially if they are prescription meds.
The best to you!
Keep in touch!
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Hallo,

that sounds like sleep apnea, a conditional where you breathing passages are temporarily blocked during the course of your sleep. This interrupts the sleep and causes insomnia.

Pls, check with a doc as mentioned by sandy.
|

replied November 3rd, 2009
brittney g - I too can't sleep
. I was always a bad sleeper and can't get help nowhere. I went to one doctor after the next. Nothing... Teat, test and more test. NFG
Just like you, can't find a comfortable position. I fall out for 5 of 10 minutes ant than I'm up all night...(****) I can't nap. Never could. I get so mad at the situation I just want to bang my head into the wall. I do anything for a good night sleep, just a 5 hours in a row. any pill i can get. Now this is some of it, Tylenol PM I need 6 or 8 ant still no good. Ambien CR need 3. benadry need 6. Unless you go 10 15 days with-out sleep you have no fliping Idea what its like. Fliping Doctors don't know shor about anything. I'm 51 and all I want is to sleep in peace. Good Luck B.G. I never found any.
Tylenol PM
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
I to have the same problem I would have to be up for at least 2 days to get onle 4 hours sleep it''s crazey I just don''t know what to do anymore I even tried sleeping pills and still can''t sleep i don''t even go out and do anything anymore I have no strength cause I''m so tired it sucks don''t know what to do I''m going crazey
|

replied June 6th, 2010
its seems alot of people are having the same situation which i am having too. now i have been told alot of the time its either due to major amounts of stress or somthing on high activitys in the brain such as lots of thinking or somthing on your mind that you just cant let be or forget or even not think about, i have had all that 4 years ago but mostly due father cheating and as i was young i got pulled into it alot causing side effect to the brain and body. so if you have alot of stress then maybe try and find calm or relaxing activities, and if your a none stop thinker then try not to think lmao i have no real cures or answears but but me it goes like this. i cant sleep anymore, i have alos noticed that in my dream i wake up and find out i have been re enacting my dreams while i was sleeping at my gf... nothing dirty but like i had a go at my gf in the dream but when i wake up im still talking to her and suddenly realize somthing different and that i woke up sitting up talking to my gf its like i been seeing the future and was acting out somthing thats not happened yet?lol, but im not sure if im going nuts or the fact that my life is kinda messed up from my past that maybe i am affraid to sleep, from dreams or the stress or brain activities this is info from my dr, he wants to give me prescriptions but i am one of those no meds or drugs takers lol let my body do the work lol. if anyone wants to know more in detailed description of certain parts of my messed up night then please ask away if you have an answear other that " you are *&£"*^ up in the head" then please any info would help, just not meds or drugs lol ill ignore the message if it is lol its.

thanks
cavan
|