Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Introductions Forum

Did My Brother Molest Me?

Actually I don't know what to call it. He was a shy teenager (5 years older than me) and I was a curious kid. I have always talked more freely about these things. I remember I brought up sex and asked him questions about body parts and how adults do things that I didn't understand and he would say he didn't know.......We went through puberty together and it started with talking about changes in our body and showing it to each other. I was about 9 the first time it happened. He would never take his pants off and he would just touch me and I liked it. That's why all these years I thought it was both of us who did it. It continued for about 4 years and I always felt so guilty about it. I think as soon as he got a girl friend it stopped and we never talked about it. We are so close and talk about anything. I don't know if it has effected me or not or if I should bring it up to him. I remember sometimes I would be more eager for him to touch me. So it was more me than him. May be he was just a horny teenager! And so was i! Am I in denial?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jaybes17
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Wow.....I can't say that it's normal but I wont say that it's your fault. You were just a kid and did not know any better. I would say yes your brother did molest you.
|

replied June 4th, 2006
That's really complicated, I think it is normal to do it at a young age (under 10 years old) young children do like to experience with their sexuality and that of their brothers. I think the 5 year difference is a big factor though... Obviously, your brother was aware of what he was doing.

I don't think it's that bad, I mean he shares the same blood at you (i'm assuming he is your real brother)! He is litereally lthe same as you. It's like masturbating... Just a bit queer...
|

replied November 8th, 2009
i had a lot of problems with my brother too.
when we were on holiday and alone in the hotel room he pushed me down on the bed and took my clothes off, he then pulled his pants down and began to masturbate on me.

This scarred me for life and i can understand what your going through.

as he was older he was molesting you. but you gave consent. this doesnt make you a bad person. trus me it gets better in time Smile
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Experienced User
I would have to say yes. Depending on how old you are now is how you will deal with it. You seem to want to talk about it, I think you and him should talk about it. I am not really sure why someone 14 or 15 would not think it was not wrong but in reality, no one can judge another when it is not them. It would be hard for me to give you advice being I have not been in your shoes.

Your sexual health should be full of trust a precaution.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You weren't molested any more than you molested soemone else. You were children exploring your sexuality. It wasn't appropriate but all kids do strange stuff from simply being unaware of what's right or wrong. Are you concerned? Are you having any difficulty relating to others intimately?
|

replied July 1st, 2010
sorry but when he stopped he was 18/19 im in uk n here your a adult at 18 n legal sex age is 16 you can be arrested if your 16+ having sex with someone underage even if its not intercourse so sorry but you was molested, at 9 you cant be expected to understand that it was serious you just thought this feels nice or whatever and at 13-14 you should understand its wrong and if you wanted to / did carry it on then its incest which is also illegal
@usbar quote: I don't think it's that bad, I mean he shares the same blood at you (i'm assuming he is your real brother)! He is litereally lthe same as you. It's like masturbating... Just a bit queer...what bloody planet are you from ? that is incest
@wolf being a nine year old and being touched by a 14-15 year old how the hell is that not molestation even if she did like it she was 9 she wouldnt understand it but he knew he was doin sick stuff to his sister would you have the same views if her brother was alot older? at 14-15 he would know it was wrong
@ neg no matter how horny he was he shouldnt of done it with you he should of found somene else his age
|
Quick Reply