Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Empty Sack (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My last period was march 9th and from my calculations I should have been approximately 7 weeks pregnant. But when I had an ultrasound done this past week, the technician said she saw a sack but nothing in it?? My doctor has scheduled me for another sonogram next week. What could this mean?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper swooshette
|

replied April 29th, 2006
Re: Linda66
I'm not an expert, but I can tell you from my experience it ment you miscarried.
|

replied August 6th, 2011
hello....well i think its a case of very early pregnanacy as in my case ....Doctors calculate from ur LMP...but sometimes the baby cliks from the last physical relation .i think in ur case it clikd late so dont worry wait for 15 days and go for another sonography.
|

replied April 29th, 2006
There aren't any signs of bleeding nor where there any signs of blood when I had my ultrasound so I am hoping for the best. Thanks
|

replied April 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You May Not Be As Far As You Thought
My daughter in law was a little over 6 weeks and they saw nothing but a sac. 3 days later they saw the baby.
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Linda66 looking forward to hearing how things are going

keep us posted!!!

:)
|

replied June 3rd, 2006
Um it doesnt mean that you miscarried.. What it means is that the baby never grew.. Or was never there from the start.. I had this and at 7 weeks the did a vaginal ultrasound that showed an empty sac and that I was 5 weeks another 4 weeks later I had bleeding. So I went to the hospital to find that I was still that empty sac at 5 weeks. Unfortunately I was told I would miscarry and by that night it did. Im not sure this is the same situation because when the first ultrasound was done they said that it could be to early to see anything.. So it might just be to early.. The best thing you could do is relax and wait until the doctor gives you some kind of imformation.. I hope all is well baby dust***

keep in touch let us know how it went!
|

replied July 28th, 2006
Same thing happened to me by my dates I worked out I shud of been 9 weeks but went for a scan just a sack which makes u less than 5 weeks they call u bck in to see baby heat beat at 6 weeks
it just means ur earlier than u thought
|

replied October 5th, 2007
My daughter was just at her Doctors yesterday and was told she may have an empty sack pregnancy. Her doctor was great and reassured her that she may be wrong so they are going to follow up with more testing. Her doctor also told her some other reasons she may have seen an empty sack could be that she might not be as far along as she initially thought or that she may be pregnant with twins. The doctor has ordered what is called a two day test, which is where they test the hormone levels then test them again in two more days due to the fact that in a normal pregnancy our hormones will double every couple days, but with a abnormal pregnancy the hormone level will go from 1000 to 1200. Then she will follow that up with another ultra sound in a week. If you don't feel comfortable with what your doctor is telling you, go for a second opinion. Know that there are other tests that can be done to find our for sure. Only time will tell
|

replied July 9th, 2012
empty sac
i was 9 weeks when i had my 1st ultrasound, they said the fetus was not as big as it needed to be. one week later i have another ultrasound and they tell me my sack is empty. i have not been bleeding and my blood work shows that my hormones are still high, which is very weird. if in one more week the sack does not discharge on its own i will have to go in to get a DNC.
|

replied October 7th, 2012
what happen with your daughther.?
im in rthe situtiation but im 13 weeks.
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hi hun..
i just wanted to let you know you would probably get more responses
if you made a new thread, since this is an old thread, not many people look at it

there are lots of lady's here that will give you words of encouragement..
i will keep your daughter in my thoughts and i hope that she finds out
everything is okay
=)
good luck!!
|

replied April 30th, 2009
same thing
I ask all of you all to pray for me as well. I went to the dr to find i had an empty sac at what I thought was six weeks but levels are where they should be. I have to go back in a week for f/u and to check levels. This is the hardest thing I have had to go through. I may be off with my timing since I have always had an irregular period. I will pray for u all please pray for me. Q in LA.
|

replied May 4th, 2009
Experienced User
Dont give up hope i only saw empty sac at 5 weeks 3 weeks later there was my baby its totally normal your just going to be a little off with your dates the sac measured 4 weeks when they couldnt see anything on mine but it turns out i was 5 weeks the baby measured 8 weeks when i went back 3 weeks later i'm not worried im pretty sure your going to see your little baby next week.Did they measure the sac they saw?? good luck and let us know how you get on Smile
|

replied May 30th, 2009
empty sac
I went to the hospital today ...because i had minor cramping ,,,,drs say im 7 weeks...when they did the us ...they saw only an empty sac;...right now i am so scared.....some of these post are making me feel a little better...others have me terrified.......in alot of the post people usually had complaints within the 5-7 week period ...nonetheless im scared ...
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Hello
Is there anyone out there whom this has happen to and can offer some advice!!!!!
I have irregular periods went to my pcp last Wed and had a pregnancy test done which turned out positive. Yesterday I followed up with the GYN who found a sac but no baby!!!!! I should be 9 weeks but having irregular periods i'm not sure so I did a blood test yesterday and have to repeat it again tomorrow..... is this normal
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Experienced User
Well having irregular periods suggests your just not as far along as your dates suggest.The blood tests are routine yes and if your hcg levels have risen enough then you have nothing to worry about you are just not as far along as you thought,i really would try not to worry to much (not easy to do i know) but stress really isnt good especially earlly in your pregnancy,good luck with everything im sure your going to get good news Smile
|

replied September 9th, 2009
hi everyone, the same thing has happened to me, ive worked out that i am about 7 wks pregnant, i went for a scan today as i have had a tiny bit of spoting only to find out that the sack was empty. i hope i have my dates wrong, coz it is the worse feeling in the world, when you are trying to enjoy and look after the baby growing inside you. Im trying not to stress, hopefully everything will be ok.. should get some blood test back tomorrow and going for another scan in 2 weeks, fingers crossed, your all in my heart Smile
|

replied December 18th, 2011
I'm in the same position. From my LMP, I should be 7 weeks pregnant. I had a vaginal sonogram last week and was told that it looked like I was 3 weeks pregnant. This was not my usual Ob/Gyne doctor. He was off island, so I don't know if she just didn't want to come straight out and tell me what she thought. All she said was, it was too early to tell and that I was definitely pregnant because of the sack that showed in the sonogram, but couldn't see any baby tissue. She asked that I come back in 2 weeks for another sonogram. I was also supposed to do labs but the nurse never gave me the lab papers. Is it a sign that she already knew I didn't need it because it may be a blighted ovum and just not telling me?
I'm hoping for the best. I will keep you all updated!
|

replied December 4th, 2009
Has anyone every heard of the baby being absorbed into the uterus? I went for my first ultrasound when I was 6 weeks and saw the baby with a heartbeat. Yesterday went for my 4 week follow up and the baby was gone, no cramping no bleeding just an empty space where the baby used to be.
|

replied December 11th, 2009
hi I feel so depressed today...on nov 10 my chg levels were 3395...on dec 3 28000...my ob only saw an empty sac and was send home to miscarry today is dec 11...I still feel pregnant (have al symptoms)..but today he still saw an empty sac and he believes that i will miscarry. i decided i will let my body do it on its own....dr refused to give me any more blood test to see my chg levels he will rather monitor me until i miscarry..someone told me that i might have a tilted uterus and to seek a second opinion and i think i will...
pray for all women in this situation pray for our babies
|

replied June 30th, 2011
I'm supposed to be 11 weeks 2 days now in my pregnancy but in my ultrasound today saw 2 sacs but no fetal pole and heartbeat on it. My doctor give me an option if i just have let it wait to get another bloodwork done and see what happens or do the D&C cos the doc told me that i possibly had a miscarriage cos my hcg level went down. Do i still have the hope that i still have the baby alive inside me? What's the result for you after that, i want to know cos i still have high hopes.

Read more: First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum - No Heartbeat found at 11 weeks http://ehealthforum.com/health/no-heartbea t-found-at-weeks-t193711-a1.html#ixzz1QoOI GcGw
|

replied December 11th, 2009
Experienced User
hi i just wondered how far along you are as its normal to only see an empty sac until 5-6 weeks,so dont give up hope best of luck
|

replied January 8th, 2010
I did an u/s yesterday but what they saw is only an empty sac with irregular shaped. I was supposed to be 8w5d. the DR said that there are 50/50 chances whether it's still early to see the baby or its a missed abortion. He asked me to come again after 10 days...I am nervous and scared but I'm hoping for the best...pray for me.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
empty sac
im so scared so Im a person that always has had a irredular period and well a week ago I took a pregnancy test an it cam eout positive I went to the clinic they confirmed it and so today was my ultra sound to see how far along I am and it was a empty sac the dr was a jerk he said either your pregnancy didnt happen or its still too early it seemed to me that he didnt even know what he was talking about Im so scared we been trying to have a baby for so long and I have had it my head that Im like 3 or 4 months
|