Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernias And Ct Scans

Do hernias always show up on ct scans? I have seen three surgeons who say that I have the typical symptoms of an incisional hernia, but nothing is showing up on the ct scans. I had a tummy tuck done in 2002 and a hysterectomy in 2005 and now a large bulge has shown up along the scars, from my bellybutton to my hip. It goes away when I lie down, and seems to get worse at the end of the day. The bulge started out pretty small, but now is from my bellybutton to my hip. None of the surgeons seem to want to do surgery because nothing definitive is showning up on the scans. Could I still have a hernia even though it is not showing up on the ct scan? I have seen 3 surgeons.....1 said he wouldn't operate because nothing is showing up on the scans and it would be like "going in blind", the 2nd one said that I had the symptoms of a hernia, but it is not considered a "typical" hernia and we could sit down and scratch our heads and try to figure what is going on and the third discussed exploratory surgery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2014
Well most CT Scan won't show anything if you are skinny, but try to talk to the surgeon and see if he will do surgery on you
|
Did you find this post helpful?