Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

I Am Feeling So Sick,what Happens to Me,someone Have Same? (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hello. I am desperate with my symptoms that I can not find anyone have this in almost 10 years I have them,my doctor allways tell me is anxiety and panic disorder,he made me many blood tests during last years,electrocardiograms,and allways all is fine but I feel very sick.I have been taking seroxat for the last 6 years with 1 year that I quit it but turn back to it.Also sometimes I have been taking xanax.
Yesterday I had a very bad attack,sfter slleping not so well last night I wake up with heaviness in my head and feeling sick as I got some flu also the day before,i went to work in a new job and while working suddenly my head starte feeling strange like if my head out from there,like in other place,lightheadedness,started to feel like lightnings inside my head,something like if I can not stay,around my mouth I feel like numbness,suddenly like a flash all over my body,sorry I have so much difficult to explain the symptoms with words,i felt like I was gonna to dismay or falling to the floor,dizzy,feeling very strange,i started to sweat
,i thought I was gonna die and had to runnig out from my job place and go home,that I was having a cerebral attack or heart attack,but after some minutes I started feeling better but not completely well.I have had this attack in the past also and gone to hospital where they checked me,blood test,electrocardiogram,blood pressure,temperature but all was fine.
In the last years I have had many thousands of different symptoms.
Some of them I can not explain with words,except that they are really frightening and make fell me so sick.
Sometimes I feel like dizzy all the time(but not spinning room)like sensation of dizziness inside my head and chest and arms,sometimes when in bed I feel like my legs are floating,i feel like tics or clicks inside my head,like a pressure inside my head,sometimes like a pressure between my ribs,sometimes I wake up with pumping inside me,i feel palpitations in my head,arms,chest,sometimes I am feeling well for some months but suddenly come back without reason,my mouth I feel it like paste,like stranges tastes,like dry,when a day I wake up with like palpitations I know that day I am gonna be so sick,and really that day I feel so sick,my head comes and goes,i feel like a dizzy inside me,inside head and arms and chest….And thousands of symptoms more.
Sorry I cannot explain so well my symptoms but is difficult explain them.
Someone have something similar to this?I am desperate,cannot live like this.
My doctor(he is my doctor since I am a kid and now I am 34 years old) insists is anxiety and panick attacks,but I insist must be a brain tumor,a heart illness or something very bad,i am sure is something still doctors do not know what is it,a brain illness or I do not know.My doctor not wanna make me more blood tests after for many years he was making me blood tests 2 a month cause I asked ,not wanna make more ecg,as always is fine.I am very scared of dying,allway thinking I am gonna die,that I am very sick…
my personality is very nervous,i am always thinking in the future,…
please I would like to find someone with same symptoms as me,anybody feeling all this?Email me.
Really thanks very much
alex
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper warlock14
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Hi Alex
"yesterday I had a very bad attack,sfter slleping not so well last night I wake up with heaviness in my head and feeling sick as I got some flu also the day before..."

i had a bad panic attack a couple of nights ago and woke up feeling tired and a bit sick the next day. I also had a sore throat and have been getting swollen glands - probably generally run down. So I can sympathise here.

Feeling sick is perhaps partly down to anxiety generally, and not sleeping well. I feel more sick when I haven't eaten or slept well for a certain period of time.

",i went to work in a new job and while working suddenly my head starte feeling strange like if my head out from there,like in other place,lightheadedness,started to feel like lightnings inside my head"

can I ask what happened to the job? Did you continue in it or did you leave?
I get light headed feelings. It is part of panic attack I think, it can make you feel sick and dizzy, and tired. I would suggest it is the anxiety around starting a new job - it is a lot to take on!
What I do if I feel these symptoms coming on is breathe deeply from my stomach, and breathe out as much as possible. Try to breathe deeply and not shallowy (anxieyt makes you beathe more shallow but breathing deeply can calm you down as you are getting more oxygen). Keep practicing this and it might fade or get easier to deal with. Don't panic more about feeling "strange" because it will lead you deeper into the panic / anxiety road which is harder to climbe out of. But like I said - I have had panic attacks and I learned to deal with them. My first one was when I was 16 and I had no idea what was happening, I just felt as you described - very "strange" and started to panic. I pin-pointed it was stress about my exams etc. I had a few more similar experiences over the years but they were no where near bad enough to worry about (only a few times were they very worrying...)
when I was 18 and had panic attack again over my a'level exams my mum knew a doctor (not our doctor) just a family friend who gave me a relaxation tape which really helped. It taught me to calm down and relax whenever I felt a little stressed or panic starting.

You are not alone. Your symptoms are far more common than you realise.
I too get numb feelings in my mouth / tongue, head etc (or at least I have had those symptoms too).

Recognise it as anxiety or panic attack and try to not worry about the symptoms too much, there probably isn't anything else medically wrong with you - anxiety can be extremely frightening.

"sorry I have so much difficult to explain the symptoms with words"

don't apologise, this forum is here for exactly this - to help each other and get things off our chest. Symptoms can be really hard to describe, and all our symptoms may be similar or very different.... But it is all the same source - panice / nervous anxiety.

Like I said - you are not alone in suffering. You can get better or learn to deal with it more effectively.

",i felt like I was gonna to dismay or falling to the floor,dizzy,feeling very strange,i started to sweat
,i thought I was gonna die "
this sounds exactly like a typical panic attack. I felt like this the other night when I had mine - I thought I was dying etc. It was horrible. Then you become afraid of feeling like that again and develop an anxiety about being anxious!! Viscious circle, hey?

Tell yourself "this is only a panic attack, it will pass, I won't die" and congratulate yourself for getting through it every time you get through it. You're doing well, you're doing your best, and you're doing the right thing by sharing it and trying to get help, trying out medications. You are trying to help yourself, and that is good.

"some of them I can not explain with words,except that they are really frightening and make fell me so sick."

yes, I can relate to this and many people on here probably can too. 12 years ago I had depression and anxiety - it began to fade in time (up and down, good days and bad) and then I learned to not worry and did things I felt were helping me and eventually it almost went to the point that I was in control again. Mine came back almost a year ago when my friend died. I have struggled for the last 10 months now. I thought my depression had gone for good, but it has come back and it can be frightening and very unpleasant. I am lucky I have some good friends around who are helping me through it and this can be a powerful thing to help you through.

Everything you are describing does sound like severe anxiety and panic attack, so tell yourself you'be had tests at the doctors they cant find anything else wrong - so go with the idea that it is anxiety. Very scary but won't kill you - you can learn to handle it and it can go away. Mine went away although like I said it has come back again.

"but I insist must be a brain tumor,a heart illness or something very bad"

stop stressng yourself out even more by believing you have these awful illnesses. When I first got depressed I thought I was ill, I had to come to terms with what it really was - depression / anxiety. I learnt to deal with it once I accepted I was not ill in other ways, I just felt like I was ill.

Please don't stress yourself more by saying you have a tumour etc. What you are describing is typically anxiety / panic disorder.

You say you started a new job - well done!!! I mean it. You're so courageous starting a new job while you are feeling this way - you have a lot of confidence and courage that you don't realise you have. Tell yourself you have achieved something good by getting a job and not letting it stop you life your life.

"i am very scared of dying,allway thinking I am gonna die,that I am very sick…"

i really feel for you, because I have had feelings similar and it is horrible. Can you try distracting yourself, read a book, go for a walk, do relaxation techniques (find out how you can do relaxation). I tell myself "we are all going to die, I am going to die at some point, but not tonight. I want to enjoy my life not spend it worrying about dying". Be determined that you'll overcome your fear. Pray and keep praying.

E-mail me.

Let me know how you are. I really hope you can get through this and take control again. I am scared too because I worry this won't go away, but I am trying not to focus too much on how I feel when I am down. I'd really like to help you more if I can.

Loopy-one
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Feel releived because I to get all the symptoms that you have discribed! I am learning to live with it though. It is a hard battle when you think that you are going to have a ehart attack on a daily basis. I go months with out anything and then bamb I get the anxiety back again and bigger and worse then last time.
I have the dizziness and that is what I hate the most -not having control over your world. I also get many aches and pains - neck, chest, shoulders, stomach! Do you get these to?
|

replied May 2nd, 2011
I get those too! This just recently happened to me. I made an appointment for the doctor and I am scared to go but I am going.
|

replied August 4th, 2012
I get pains in my 1 side of my head, I feel shaky, sweaty, tremble, Sometimes slur my words, cant consentrate, pains in chest ect, loads of different things, to know where exits are if I go anywhere, panik attacks are really horrible and scary, wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy xxx
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Experienced User
I get all types of pain ,lately ive ben getting nautious a lot and its like a battle everydya hop not to get nautious then boom it happens. Thats not counting the chets pains,heartbeat thump and other !**@!.
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Experienced User
I get all day heavyness in my chest and the heavy bumps in my heart when relaxing. I get a racing heart when I am anxious or if I wake with a suprise.
Muscle pain is driving me nuts at the moment I am having heaps of physio done on my left should which makes me anxiou too cause it is my left side!
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah everytime I get pain on the left I get freaked out, but realy theres as many muscles on the left as there is the right. Couple of week ago I was getting these pains in my irght side aftre eating that I thought was acid reflux or heartburn a nurse on a info life told me it oculd be my liver now im nerbvous about that always nautious it sucks.
Plus ive been getting this sharp ppain in undere my arm and next to my nipple were the ribs are to the far left sorta ive had that for 2 years but seems more often now I can go on forever with pains
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I know it is hard isn't it. Trying to get passed all the crap and deal with the probs!
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Dyou take any medicine for yuore anxiety?
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I have only had my anxiety a year - well a year ago they gave it the name anxiety before that I was sick and no one new what it was
i was on xanax .25mg 3 times a day and slowly got off it when I came to the relaization that it is not a heart problem it is anxiety.
I still have the xanax and take one every now and then. I had nt taken one for months and last week I took a couple cause I was feeling terrible. I am lucky cause the xanax works within an hour and I can get on with things.
What about you
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Well ive had mine for 7 years but when youre a kid I dint know all these heart disease and stuff.I would get a attack here and there and dealt with it. Untill this september I went to the drs for those heart thumps I would get once in a while for the ;ast 2 years and then I had a panic attack in her office ,she dint know so she sent me to the er across the street she was like do yu need a ambulance? Im like listne I have gotten attacks in the past I think this is one shes like lets be safe so I freaked
then I started getting them weekly till this january daily I coulnt work anymore nothing. I had been prescribed effexor and ativan by a dr I took the effexor but it flipped me out so I never took the ativan.I started taken it in february. I took it daily for like1 month then another dr prescribe me rivotril I take a half of 0.5 every other day since about march sometimes ill go 1 or 2 days in a row sometimes ill go 2 days wihtout taking one sometimes ill take a quarter.
So ive been taken em for 3 monthsim doing theraoy and dtarting cognitive therapy this week hope it helps.
I was told by a psychiartist that theray is the best way and very curable.Anti depressants just maks the problme then you cant deal wiht it and learn how to cope wich is not good.So thats my story but ive read on a website that these pills can case liver damage is that true . My dr never said anyhitng maybe its ffor people who take a lot that have epilipsie or something?
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I know that any sort of pharmacutical drugs can cause side effects so I try to go all natural. But xanax are there for me if nothing else works. I found these pills and ordered them (waiting on delivery) call ultimate anxiety relief. There website was put on this forum, not through a post but as an advertisement Ultimateanxietyrelief so I have ordered them and should have them soon. I will take them and see if they help. It is hard to tell with me if they are working or not because I can go weeks even months without major anxiety so I don't know if it is the pills or my frame of mind etc!

I hate the fact that I think that it is gone and then it come back knocking me for a 6 so to speak.

I will post on here how I feel after taking these pills when they arrive. They are suppose to work instantly and you take them one or two daily everyday whether you are feelign anxious or not. All the ingediants are listed so you know what you are taking!
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Hey guys,as you`ve read in some other threads,i`ve had enxiety and panick desorder for 20 years,i did used to have attacks as a kid,i used to run out of school,i never told anybody why I used to do it,and the teachers used to just think I was a difficult child,anyway,when I left school I went into a hostel,until I was 17,then I moved all over the place,then I moved in with a friend,by that time things were getting pretty bad,i was drinking alot and did`nt know much what I was doing anymore,i was totally cracking up..So one night I found some pills, I drank a load of beer,then took all the tablets,30 in all..Then just lay down on my bed,the next thing I knew I was in an ambalance,at the hospital I had a large rubber tube pushed down my throat,and my stomach was pumped out..After that I tried to get a job and sort my life out,i even kept a job for about a month,i thought I was doing quite well,then boom !! The anxiety came back,i just did`nt bother going back to work,i could`nt face it,it was impossible to even go outside..
Anyway i`ve been a bum ever since,never had a job since 1988..
The medication that i`ve had has`nt worked e.G paroxatine,citropram,diazapam worked a bit but when I had a racing heard,it did`nt slow it down,but it just numbed my brain,i knew my heart was racing but I did`nt care,the diazapam just made me sleep..
I dont take anything anymore,i just handle the anxiety on my own..My doctor keeps asking me to try different things but i`ve just had enough..Its stressfull enough handling the panick attacks,the last thing I need is to go back and forth to the doctors
|

replied March 29th, 2007
Re: I Am Feeling So Sick,what Happens to Me,someone Have Sam
warlock14 wrote:
Hello. I am desperate with my symptoms that I can not find anyone have this in almost 10 years I have them,my doctor allways tell me is anxiety and panic disorder,he made me many blood tests during last years,electrocardiograms,and allways all is fine but I feel very sick.I have been taking seroxat for the last 6 years with 1 year that I quit it but turn back to it.Also sometimes I have been taking xanax.

Yesterday I had a very bad attack,sfter slleping not so well last night I wake up with heaviness in my head and feeling sick as I got some flu also the day before,i went to work in a new job and while working suddenly my head starte feeling strange like if my head out from there,like in other place,lightheadedness,started to feel like lightnings inside my head,something like if I can not stay,around my mouth I feel like numbness,suddenly like a flash all over my body,sorry I have so much difficult to explain the symptoms with words,i felt like I was gonna to dismay or falling to the floor,dizzy,feeling very strange,i started to sweat
,i thought I was gonna die and had to runnig out from my job place and go home,that I was having a cerebral attack or heart attack,but after some minutes I started feeling better but not completely well.I have had this attack in the past also and gone to hospital where they checked me,blood test,electrocardiogram,blood pressure,temperature but all was fine.

In the last years I have had many thousands of different symptoms.

Some of them I can not explain with words,except that they are really frightening and make fell me so sick.

Sometimes I feel like dizzy all the time(but not spinning room)like sensation of dizziness inside my head and chest and arms,sometimes when in bed I feel like my legs are floating,i feel like tics or clicks inside my head,like a pressure inside my head,sometimes like a pressure between my ribs,sometimes I wake up with pumping inside me,i feel palpitations in my head,arms,chest,sometimes I am feeling well for some months but suddenly come back without reason,my mouth I feel it like paste,like stranges tastes,like dry,when a day I wake up with like palpitations I know that day I am gonna be so sick,and really that day I feel so sick,my head comes and goes,i feel like a dizzy inside me,inside head and arms and chest….And thousands of symptoms more.

Sorry I cannot explain so well my symptoms but is difficult explain them.

Someone have something similar to this?I am desperate,cannot live like this.

My doctor(he is my doctor since I am a kid and now I am 34 years old) insists is anxiety and panick attacks,but I insist must be a brain tumor,a heart illness or something very bad,i am sure is something still doctors do not know what is it,a brain illness or I do not know.My doctor not wanna make me more blood tests after for many years he was making me blood tests 2 a month cause I asked ,not wanna make more ecg,as always is fine.I am very scared of dying,allway thinking I am gonna die,that I am very sick…
my personality is very nervous,i am always thinking in the future,…
please I would like to find someone with same symptoms as me,anybody feeling all this?Email me.

Really thanks very much
alex

you re describing me 100% Sad
|

replied September 9th, 2007
Hello
warlock14,

I know this was posted a long time ago, but did you get better with the symptoms? I have had kind of the same symptoms for about a month now they seem to be going away but im not sure.....Thanks
|

replied October 18th, 2007
Can Anyone Relate?
I have been experiencing panic and anxiety attacks for about 4 months or so now after I had a bad experience with marijuana. I do not smoke marijuana, and this time when i tried it for one reason or another I went into an instant panic attack with racing heart - feeling i was going to die etc. i spent the next two days in a complete panic attack for nearly 48 hours (yes, very scary) long story short - i am taking klonopin as needed which is rare some weeks and heavy during others. my question i have is that i have come to realize that before i get to the panic stage i start to feel loopy and light headed? It is also somewhat of a depressing feeling - i feel lonely (mainly I just dont feel like myself on a good day) ( I feel like my reality is being altered or slowed down?). the point I am at now is trying to relax and wait this feeling out in an calm manner so that i do not reach panic. I think i panic because i start to not feel like myself, and worry that there is something medically wrong with me. I think I have a huge fear of mental illness and "going crazy" because of how i tend to feel during my attacks. I feel like i am going to loose it when my attacks come. I was hoping that someone else could relate to me. I am young and healthy, and i am doing a number of things to help myself. Is this loopy feeling normal or am i having problems with depression and depression attacks that are sparking my panic? Any comments would help and be greatly appreciated - thanks, mike
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
I Can Relate to Your Experience.
I had an attack last night which lasted for about 2 hours. A feeling of terror and horror overcame me as I was lying in my bed.

I tried to think of pleasant things to make it go away but it slowly intensified until I thought i was really going to loose it.

It's the worst attack i've ever experienced. I felt like I was out of my body, so small and full of terror. Really intense fear.

I had to get up and go into my parents room and wake my mother. She sat there with me talking softly, just being there for me.

I decided to have a warm drink and had a green tea. I immediately felt some relief so I had four large cups of green tea until I was almost sick from drinking to much. My mind cleared and I feel so much better.

I think my mental problems stem from late nights, poor nutrition and drinking to much alcohol.

I have been diagnosed as having mild Bipolar disorder.
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Woo Hoo Anxiety and Panic is soooooooo much fun!
Hey guys and gals, i hope you are all doing well. I am writing this post to tell all of you that you are not ALONE!!! I feel the exact same way as most of you. I have run the Gauntlet of tests from doctors to figure out what is wrong with me and sure enough all my tests (ekg, stress echo, chest mri, chest Catscan, chest x-ray, blood work, etc...) came out perfect. I think at first i was very dissappointed in myself that something like this could happen to someone like me but now i am thinking that the only person dissappointed in me is the insurance companies haha. I am definitely not happy with this situation but i am just trying to make it through it. I feel like i am rotting from the inside out sometimes aka feel sick for no apparent reason. I dont take drugs, rarely drink, eat healthy, and exercise.

Things that i have found that help me include the following:

CBT Therapy (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)- This stuff sure made a diffrence, it did not completely fix the problem but it sure did help the way i think about the probelm. It was not extremely cheap i used a doctor by the name of Dr. Oakley in Beverly Hills. He was willing to work on the price for me and also has referrals to his students who will work for cheaper. He was big on the progressive relaxation treatment. as well as numerous other tools. CBT worked far better for me than the Phychiatrist but that could be the individual phychiatrist or myself, so make your own decisions.

Aciphex- This is heartburn medicine and it has really helped me with no side effects (no side effect) I am not sure if i naturally had heart burn or if the stress from the anxietty and panic caused it but it was sure relieved with this medication. Prior to aciphex i tried tums, rolaid chewables, and a few other heartburn tricks but none kept it away as well as the aciphex. In reality i am all for getting rid of my heartburn because i really didn't need another reason to be Hyper vigilent about my health.

Progress Relaxation Training- Really good for teaching you how to calm down. Once again it does not completely solve the problem but it does help.

Lifestyle- I can't stress this enough, eating healthy, regular sleeping patterns, no drugs (illegal), and very limited drinking) But most importantly having a set schedule!!!!

Set Schedule- I dont care if you are volunteering or working for pay, get a set schedule! This allows you to have to focus on something else besides your health. I know how difficult this is, because i am currently struggling with it tremendously. Catch 22 "How can i get a job or go to work on something when i dont know if i am going to have a panic attack or if i think i am going to die" This is extremely tough to deal with! But i can tell you when i have something i have to do and a place i have to be at a specific time i have found that it does not allow me to think about all my chest pain and arm and leg pains and twitches as well as my horrendous sick feeling. If you just sit around because you feel as though you are just waiting to die like i know we all have with this anxiety then it will just get worse and cycle into a very strong unhappiness and depression. So i would say go out and find something to do even if it doesn't pay.

Breathing techniques- These help alot, i know i was skeptic at first but honestly what do you have to lose besides some stress and anxiety.

Things that make the anxiety worse for me include the following:

Alcohol- While i am drinking it or atelast once i have gotten past the fear of having the first couple drinks it feels GREAT (probably because i get to the point where i am not concentrating on the health issue) but the next day and sometimes two days are f-ing horrible. My new strategy just dont do it. Maybe a glass of wine here or a beer there but getting buzzed tipsy etc does not help.

Lots of crappy food and no exercise- same effects as alcohol. Feels great while you are doing it and feels like crap afterwards.

Sitting around with nothing to do- This is probably the worse because it allows me to just concentrate on how i am feeling and the more i think about it the worse it gets.

Everyone i hope this has helped! i also included a website for you guys and gals to look at:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_ty pes_symptoms_treatment.htm

I am trying accupuncture this week and i hope it helps, outside of that i would recommend some Yoga as well. I hope this message has found you all well.

Good Luck
p.s. I have not tried a lot of medication because i am adverse to sticking pill sin my body however i have tried Lexapro (bad personal experience for me) and have been given prescriptions for everything from A-Z. The only thing that has helped temporarily was Ativan, however it makes you feel like you are just on a cloud so i wouldn't use it all the time but it is nice when you just feel like you can't take it anymore and need to clock out temporarily from the fight with anxiety and panic. Does anyone have any experince and feed back on prozac?
|

replied February 11th, 2008
Panix Attacks
Hey there,

To anyone suffering from Panic - I am the poster child. I have had panic attacks since I was little. When I was away at camp or at a sleep over I would start shaking and could not stop my teeth from shuttering. I would eventually get to sleep after an adult would calm me, or if at a sleep over would end up sleeping in the parents bed to calm me down.

As I got older, and realized there was something for this disorder I began medication - I guess around 26 years of age or so. Paxil and Klonapin. I felt okay just knowing that if I thought I was going to panic I had medicine to take - and sometimes just know that was enough that I didn't have an attack.

Eventually I turned to alcohol to help calm me down - works great until the next day as you tend to get the shakes after drinking - which was to me a symptom of panic and therefore would lead to a full blown attack.

Drinking is still apart of my life, but I know when I have something to do the next day I don't ever drink very much or at all. I know what will happen and it's totally not worth it.

Try to drink lots and lots of water and make sure you eat good. Take vitamins, take your medicine when you need it. Look up breathing techniques (they really do help) and excercise as much as you can. You will sleep much better and feel great in the morning (maybe a little sore, but hey - then you are more worried about aching muscles than having an attack). Please believe in the Fear of the Fear - that's what triggers most attacks - so do whatever you can to distract yourself when going into an uneasy or new situation - carry a good book and read it when you need to, think about how exhausted you are going to feel after your attack is over and reflect on the fact the "Hey, that wasn't so bad..."

I could go on forever - but now I hope that helps - write back

Cary
|

replied August 16th, 2008
hi
i just wanted to tell you how thanfull i to find your letter and to be able reply .
Iwas diagnosed with anxiety a yaer ago ,....I had it for many more years before that i just didnt realize what exactly was going on with me until i had a full blown attack and i ended up calling 911 and being picked up from my car in the middle of the night on the highway ...The most frightening experience in my life .After that i was so scared from everything-driving ,shopping go out ,go to work ....i could not live a normal life ....After a couple of months i started experiensing so many other different symptoms-faint ,dizzy,lighthead,my ears started getting plugged all the time ,huge pressure in my head ,feel sick when i get up in the morning ....
Every time when i didn't feel good(nd every time was someting else ...i will go to my doctor or the ER.....They kept telling me too that it is my anxiety ....I didn't believe them ...i was so afraid that is something they are miising.I did blood test -came out normal...I try to do mRI 2 times ...but i couldnt make it -i felt claustrophobic.Oh,God i went to the doctor so many times-after a while i felt like they are not taking me seriously ,that they don't want to deal with me anymore ...that they don't want to help me .I heard that i am fine from 4 different doctors .ONe of them told me that my anxiety is not treated properly and my doctor should do more about it which i totaly believe I feel like i should do something more to get out of it .It is us that can fix it !!!Every time when i dont feel good i think that i am going to die ...i believe that i have some illness that nobody have discovered yet ,my husband says i am in denial..that i should concentrate on the real problem -the panic and anxiety......when i read your letter ..it was like i was describing how i feel.I am not sure if you mentioned in your letter if you ever expeerinced the feeling of derealization and depersonalization -I feel like that for years and it doesn't seem to go away.They say that these feelings usually occur dusring anxiety .
anyway ...i think you are fine....and we have to realize that ...we have to start treating the panic and anxiety more agressively...
evrything will be back to normal one day
good luck!!!
|

replied August 21st, 2008
Just a heads up, I would have your potassium levels checked. many of your symptoms are identical to mine. They started out by telling me that I had anxiety attacks until a couple visits to the hospital for low-potassium (hypokalemia).

Get checked.. this is dangerous, a simple blood test will tell you. I now have to see a specialist because I may have a adrenal gland issue (abnormal / tumor / something) that causes bursts of addreniline, anxiety, etc.) I have slightly elevated Blood pressure 140/90, Potassium level went down to 2.9, now have to take 20 meq prescription potassium supliments until i get into the specialist, Also have elevated aldosterone levels and no detectable renin. Also 24 hour urine tests shows I am wasting it out in my urine at a high rate. Even with the suppliments I barely crack 3.5 on the scale.

Potassium blood level - go get checked before getting on some anxiety drugs.
|
12 >>