Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Whats the Point Anymore

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I have so many problems right now but I thought things couldnt get any worse until today when my old girlfriend that broke up with me a while ago decided not to even talk to me anymore. It hurts so bad cuz I still love her. I feel like crap and I just sit here and cut my self. I promised lots of people I would stop but I cant. If they find out, they are going to tell someone and then my life will be ruined. People would think so much differently of me. I know I have people who care about me but I just dont really give a dam right now. Somtimes I think about the people I would never see again, they keep me alive but other times I dont care. I dont know what to do. I just want to drop out of life so I wont have to deal with this crap.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Your feelings of hurt are real, but your inflicting pain on yourself is not good. The loss of your girlfriend is one thing that we all have experienced at some point in our lives. We all get over that with help and support from those who love us.

If you are inflicting pain on yourself, this is another thing altogether different. I also understand this is not the first time you have done this. Have you seen your doctor recently about this? Are you given any help? If not, I would get to see him as soon as possible before you do something you may regret later.

Keep in tough.
|

replied April 29th, 2006
Better
Well thing have kinda picked up for the better right now......I find myself back on top but there are some major family issues right now an dim praying that everything will stay good so I can stay good too. Thanks for your help, ill stay in touch.
|

replied April 24th, 2009
It is 1.00am and I can't go to bed because when I do it will seem like I have only been there for a moment before I will wake up again and have to face another day! I try so hard to get through everyday but it just gets harder and harder. I have a loving husband and two beautiful children that I love dearly and that is why I will go to bed and I will wake up 2moro and face another day but I wish everyone else in the world would just disappear and leave me alone x
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Heyy there,

I have had all these feelings and more :/ I have cut myself and I couldnt stop but I eventually did, I still feel like doing it everytime I am depressed and then I think about my whole family and what they would do without me, how would they cope, we may fight and argue but deep down I know if they lost me then they would suffer emensly, I know you dont have a care, I didnt either, I didnt even speak to anyone :/ Life was tough but I just listened to the meaning of the words in music and books and things like that - really concentrating - it seemed to help - give it ago if life is still tough - I know what your going through so dont feel as if your the only one alone in this - stay stong x
|
Quick Reply