Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Another 'am I Pregant?' Question!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi everyone, I will try and be as specific as possible so you guys can better answer my question. I think I may be pregnant, and i'll tell you why. My husband and I have two kids and don't really want any more (if another one comes, we'll be happy of course!) well, on april 8th, we had a little romantic evening and um...Did the deed. A second after we finished, my husband jumps out of bed and says 'go...Do something, the condom broke!" (i don't use birth control, it makes me sick)

now I don't keep track of my periods very well, but five days later I began spotting very lightly, it remained light, with a few tiny clots but very intense cramps for about 6 days (which is longer than my usual period). I know i'm expecting a period, but this isn't heavy at all. On top of the really bad cramping, I have had a headache, and my breasts were (and still are) very tender and seem bigger. Since the 8th, I have taken three hpts and they've all come out negative so I stopped worrying. Now this morning (26 days later) I noticed that i'm spotting a very, very little bit, so my suspicions are back up. What do you think the likelehood of my being pregnant is? I'm going to go into the doctors soon, but i'm dying for your opinion.

Thanks!
Amber...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is possible, why not get your tubes tied or get your husband snipped? But 1st find out if you are pregnant or not but your hubby can still get snipped aand then you can get your tubes tied for double protection. My cousin got snipped and his wife became pregnant again, they finally found out he had another ball up inside of him. I do realize that snipped is not the right word for it but that is the word I like to use, I even knew of a lady once that had her tubes tied and she got pregnant as the surgery was not too good. They might do a hysterectomy on you but I doubt it if you tell them that you are having problems down there and do not wandt anymore children. I was fortunate in a way as I had a complete hysterectomy due to c. Cancer and have beencancer free the past five years.
Talk to your dr, I am sure their is something they
can do!
The best to you all!
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Hi there, and thanks! With the two we have now, we are quite happy. It's funny because only about a month ago, we had the talk of one of us going in for a vasectomy/hysterectomy and I agreed to look into it. If it does turn out that i'm pregnant again, I think i'll do what my mother did and have my tubes tied while i''m still in the hosptial. We are so careful not to get pregnant, it's crazy that one little mistake and the condom goes pop!
I'm going into the doc later this week. I have felt sick to my stomach for the past week, headaches...Blah. I'm hoping it's just a flu, and my period is wacky (strange coincidence!) but if I am expecting...I won't be able to help being happy!

Keep you posted....

Amber.
|

replied May 20th, 2010
can anyone tell me my nipples ar soooo senstive ihave alot of discharge gone off beer and sex drve goneup coud ibe pregnant help
|