Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Ive had this horrible burning/dull aching pain in my groin for about 5 mths now. After 5 mth off hellish pain, I decided time for a trip to the docs! It was then I was diagnosed with a hernia. The doctor gave me some pain killers but, as you know there crap!! I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the pain, and if so what its like.
Thanks very much, mark
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 26th, 2006
Hi Mark
Well, the pain can be quite bad, with me it always used to be after doing sports, usually a while after it would start. Burning like you describe, a dull ache sometimes or stinging. I sometimes used to put a hot water bottle on it, if you want to try that make sure it isn't too hot, that can make it worse. It helped relief the pain a bit, but mostly I just lived with it.
You can try taking hawthorn, that can relief symptoms and the pain too, it helped me a great deal. Take some vitamin q10 (30mg) to help strengthen the muscles, that may help too.
If you read the thread hernia pain, symptom relief and healing I wrote down a couple of things that have helped me get rid of my hernia, I have been symptom free for a while now and I am not being extra careful anymore exercising, I just watch it with the heavy lifting, but beside that I seem to be sorted.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon,
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply