Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Postpartum Bleeding And Depo?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
My first ? Is after the baby is out how long will I bleed cuz I know after the baby is born your bleeding the linning that the baby was in so how long did some of you bleed?

My other ? Is im going on the shot for birth control so I know you bleed once the baby is out and then I will bleed again for my period so when will I have a period and how will I know the difference?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
After I had my daughter I bled for a week heavily then lightly for about another week.

I don't think you will be able to get the b/c shot till you stop bleeding after the birth......Not sure though.
|

replied April 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
I personally don't think you should worry about getting the shot until you have healed! I am supprised that your doctor is going to do this for you. I doubt that you will be in the mood for nookie!
|

replied April 22nd, 2006
You can bleed anywhere from 2-6 weeks after giving birth. Usually the first week is the worst with clots and such. Like the other ladies mentioned most women are not interested in having sex that soon after child birth vaginal or csection. You have to wait six weeks after birth to start on depo-provera. There may be other birth control options that you can start sooner, I would talk to your doc.
|