Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

39 Weeks! I Want This Baby Out!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So I will be 39 weeks tomorrow.. And I have noooo signs labour is even remotley soon!!! People have been saying that they noticed my stomach has dropped and that they think I will have this baby early.. Well its early.. And I dont think I have any signs! I used to have unbearable pelvic pressure.. But even in the last 2 or 3 weeks I have had almost none! If I was close to labour would I not have alot? Im ready to have him!! And I guess im just panicking that I am going to go over my due date..Im gaining alot of weight and the stretch marks r almost tripling lately lol.. The only thing I can think of as possible signs.. Is at night I cant sleep even when the baby is calm and I feel nausious..And I have had alot of diareha lately.. I know its gross but hey!!!

Ugh.. I dunno im just frustrated lol I want to have him n.O.W
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper neeko177
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Lol...I hear ya girl!! I went to the .Dr yesterday and i'm 1cm dialated!! Sorry...I know that's not what you want to hear!! But think about it this way...The longer he's in there, the bigger he'll be.

So they haven't done a cervical check on you yet at your .Drs office?? You might be dialating, and just not know it!! Diarrehea is a sign of labor, but i'm not 100% sure. It's strange that your pelvic pressure went away. Mine has progressively gotten worse. May he flipped in the breech position. Do you get another ultrasound before you deliver???

Let me know girl!!
Sarah
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, I know how you feel! I went past 40 weeks w/o any signs of labor. I hadn't even dropped! I had an appointment on a friday 2 days after my due date, and my doctor said if I didn't have her over the weekend to go into the hospital monday morning to be induced. I could have been induced that same day, or saturday had my dumb doctor not gone out of town to get her stupid taxes done. That pissed me off. Then after being at the hospital all day with little progression she decided she was feeling a little tired and she had a full day ahead of her the following day so she was gonna go home and rest and another doctor would be taking over. I was soooooooo mad, how can your doctor just back out on you like that? Thankfully it was a much better doctor, one my mom knew really well, that took over. He ended up doing a c-section. But not because I was over-due, because the baby wasn't gonna fit through the pelvic bone. She was ready and her head was right there, but after I started pushing, she went back up.
That monday morning before I went to the hospital, I did wake up about 4am and started losing my mucous plug and my water started to leak a little. So she was gonna come out that day one way or another lol. But now she's here and a month and week old. Good luck to you and I hope things progress quickly for you!!!
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Nope no cervical check yet, I dont think my dr does them at all maybe unless I do go over... They had to cancel my appointment I had today tho, so I will hopefully go tomorrow and see what he has to say!
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Have sex. It may not work, but if it doesn't, at least you still have fun. Besides, you won't be having sex for awhile after, so enjoy it now!
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Experienced User
That link didnt work...
And yeah I heard of having sex and plan on trying it lol cuz isnt it sumthing like 6 weeks u have to wait b4 you can start having sex again?
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
neeko177 wrote:
isnt it sumthing like 6 weeks u have to wait b4 you can start having sex again?

yes. I don't know many people who wait that long though.
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
sandralynn wrote:
lol I only waited 4 weeks

my sister inlaw was already pregnant by 4 weeks :(
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Neeko
Nipple stimulation causes the uterus to contract. If you have a breast pump, pump each breast for about an hour. I've seen this work on a show on the discovery channel.....
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Aaawww neeko, I feel so sorry for you. Maybe if you can handle it, walk. They say that helps. I am not sure, though. I am just happy that I dont' have to wait until my due date to have my baby so I wont' be walking around at 48 weeks wanting this baby out of me.

Walking, nipple stimulation, and sex is said to help. Good luck to you
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Neeko,
i feel exactly the same as you but you have a week on me!!!! My best friend who is a week ahead of me texted my phone early this morning saying she was on the way to the hospital! I was ssoooo jealous! My dr has been doing internal exams since 37 weeks maybe you should ask next time you are in because you could be 3 cm and still not know it!!!
Good luck!
Jordan
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Neeko,
i feel exactly the same as you but you have a week on me!!!! My best friend who is a week ahead of me texted my phone early this morning saying she was on the way to the hospital! I was ssoooo jealous! My dr has been doing internal exams since 37 weeks maybe you should ask next time you are in because you could be 3 cm and still not know it!!!
Good luck!
Jordan
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Hey...

This happened to me as well.. I was 39 weeks pregnant when I had my baby boy.. He was suppose to me due april 11th but came april 6th. I had no signs of being in labor at all... Then only thing that made me go into the hospital is that I started to bleed really bad.. But I had no contractions.. My water didnt break.. Nothin.. I thought something was wrong with my baby.. But the doctor told me I had my bloody show but it was more blood than that should have came with it. They had to induce me in order to start my contractions cause they werent starting.. Well idk if this helps but thought id put in my story! Good luck!
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Im gonna try everything lol my plans for today are to go through my whole apartment and clean everything spotlessly.. Go for a walk cuz I gotta do a couple things! And have sex! Lol

i find walking really easy cuz for sum reason my pelvic pressure went away! It used to be horrible...So that kinda confuses me..
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I waited 6 weeks, in fact I still haven't given any to my hubby. It will be 6 weeks on monday, and that's when I go in for my check up. I'm a bit nervous about "doing the deed" because I had a c-section and even tho it doesn't hurt anymore, i'm afraid it will for some reason. I'm a dork, I know.
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
neeko177 wrote:
im gonna try everything lol my plans for today are to go through my whole apartment and clean everything spotlessly.. Go for a walk cuz I gotta do a couple things! And have sex! Lol

i find walking really easy cuz for sum reason my pelvic pressure went away! It used to be horrible...So that kinda confuses me..

maybe my pressure will go away too!! So far...It's only gotten worse!!
I just got finished cleaning my entire kitchen spotlessley,(but i'm a neat freak anyway and I was being reallly lazy last week!!) I .M.I.G.H.T sweep, but I know if I do, I won't be able to move for the rest of the day!!
Walking, because of my feet and ankles swelling, is waaay out of the question!!!!!! Besides the fact that when I walk for longer than 10 mins. I have to grab my crotch cuz it feels like she's gonna poke her head out and say "heyyyy mommy!!!"
hahahahah

sarah
|

replied April 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lol @ "heyyyy mommy!!!"
|

replied August 28th, 2009
I'm 39 weeks and nothing has worked walking sex or cleaning my feet are swallen very bad can't walk no more my stomach is bruised inside can't even touch it and I have a planned c-section on my due date september 2nd so good luck
|

replied September 9th, 2009
39 weeks and waiting
im 39 weeks and 4 days. ive been getting my cervix checked and my doc. says its just soft. Most people say my belly hasnt dropped and very few say it has. My baby has been moving normally and sometimes he moves it ways that make me uncomfortable down there -_-. when it comes to taking a poo i get like menstral pains but they fade away. i feel like this baby is never going to come out ! ive been getting cramping here and there, they even have gotten painful and a pattern was shown but before i knew it they would completly stop. its been like that for a week. ive probably done almost everything the past 2 weeks for labor to begin. Cleaned the whole house, daily walks, sex, even ate pine apple, and nipple stimulate. i think nobody in my family has had a full term labor so this is odd to them. i just want him here alreadyyy !
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2010
almost there!
i am 39 weeks and 3 days...i have my doc appointment on thursday and will get my first cervix check! crossing my fingers for some kind of dialation!!!! i am due january 18th...but was hoping to see him sooner! it is impossible to sleep with this big ol belly!
|
12 >>