Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Spot On the Right Upper Lobe of the Lung

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
Hello its my first time to post a message here Smile . Anyway, I just want to ask what if someone has been diagnosed that she has a spot on her right upper lobe? Sad what is the indication of this? Question is this means that, its possible for someone that he has tuberculosis Arrow or just a simple pnuemonia. Hope you can give me more information about this topic. :d thanks a lot. :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2003
My suggestion would be to follow up with a cat scan and pet scan. You will be able to find more information about the spot with these tests! Smile
|

replied August 20th, 2003
What is pet scan and cat scan?, can you please differentiate it to me. Question anyway, my doctor told me that I need to go on a sputum test.
|

replied August 28th, 2008
we have the same problem but i had spot on my lungs for more than 4 years and until now the spot is still there even though I had medication for ptb. it's quite hard for me especially in applying for job because I have to undergo chest x-ray every year. I dont know how to remove it because I take medicine for almost two year but it does not remove.
|

replied April 19th, 2009
2cn spot on right upper lobe lung
I had a routine chest X-ray done because I have mild asthma and wanted a referral to a lung Dr. He required a chest X-ray before seeing me for the first time. No big deal. I went in and got it done. The next day I got a call from my referring MD and he told me I have a 2cn spot on my right lung. So tomorrow I am to have a chest CT.

What are some of the possible outcomes? Is it always lung cancer? It is hard to be in denial since my mother died of lung cancer at the age of 50. However I am in denial at this point. My apt with the lung Dr is on 4/28.
|

replied June 2nd, 2009
lung spot
What was the outcome of your doctor visit? I pray you are okay.
|

replied June 5th, 2009
I had a chest CT done and it showed a spot of 3cn. A panel of radiologist decided it was a cyst and not cancer. However the pulmonologist insist that it is a fungis. My refering Dr says I am too healthy to have a fungis in my lungs. So I am in the middle and refusing treatment for a fungis till it can be proven that it really is a fungis. I have since had another chest X-ray (six weeks out from the first one) and the "spot is unchanged). Will go back in 3 months for another chest X-ray.
|

replied September 23rd, 2014
Suspicious opacities in the right upper lobe??

ano pong ibig sabihin niyan?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile