Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

What can cause a bruise-like feeling inside the breast?

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
I have a question...I am very concerned as for the past few days I have had a strange almost bruise type feeling in my right breast. This only happens when I go to sleep and lay on either side. I did hit this breast a few days ago as well fairly hard at work and have been doing ALOT of heavy lifting at work. Is it possible this is from all my muscles hurting or pulling something? I have no lumps that I can feel, breast look normal, soft, nipple fine ect...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2006
Breast Cancer Answer A962
It is possible that your right breast is hurting due to the impact you experienced a few days ago. You can take some painkillers to relieve the pain. If it doesn’t help, you can go to your GP for a more thorough examination. You can also do a self-examination (inspection and palpation) of your breasts in front of the mirror. This is best perfomed once every month, usually after a bath or shower. If you notice an asymmetry between the breasts or perhaps a bump inside the breast, you should visit your GP immediately.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.