Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Cramping An Early Sign of Pregnancy?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Well, is cramping for 2 weeks normal? Is it a sign of pregnancy? I get tired a lot, and I seem like I always have to go to bathroom. I just took an pregnancy test but it said it was negative. For some reason I dont think it's right. Let me know if y'all have advice? Thanks! Smile I apperciate it very much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Are you late for your period? When is (or was) it due? It is possible to get a negative hpt when you are in the early stages of pregnancy. A blood test is the only way to know for sure.

Good luck either way. :)
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Hmm. Im due on the 20th, but I just dont feel right lately. I just " feel pregnant" and that cramping for 2 weeks isnt the norm for me. I just dont know, I thought i'd ask someone who is experinced with pregnancies. :) thanks!
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I'm 11 weeks and didn't start getting tired or peeing alot until I was about 5 weeks. My blood test showed up negative 10 days after conception and they're suppose to pick up a positive anywhere from 7-9 days after and i'm almost 12 weeks pregnant with a healthy little baby inside of me. Just wait it out, don't beat yourself up over it.
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Yeah, I know, but cramping for 2 weeks and going on isnt really normal for me. I usually you know get pms a few days to a week before. But thanks anyways. :d
|

replied April 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Hmm...maybe Last Cycle??
Thing is...If your average cycle is 28 days long and you ovulate on the 14th day of each cycle...You would have only ovulated around the 7th of this month (8 days ago). Now fertilization would have to occur within 24 hours of that. Then...Conception usually occurs anywhere from 5 to 8 days later (or longer). So right now...You wouldn't really be far enough along for the symptoms to make sense.

Now...What was your last period like? Maybe you conceived last cycle and you thought that the bleeding you experienced was your period when in fact it was implantation bleeding? If you are fairly convinced that you are preggo already...I would buy a test just to see. If not...Wait to see if your period shows up and test then.

Either way...I hope you get the results you're looking for. :)
|