Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Near Death Personality Change

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
I was in an accident in jamaica where I was pulled out of the vehicle with no heartbeat. I was brought back and since have been told by not just family and friends but different people that I am different. Is there any studies or cases of near death experiences causes personality change? Is this possible?

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2006
Experienced User
I would be interested in this also. Did they describe what the noticable changes were?
|

replied April 18th, 2006
I was just watchin a video on depression and other mental problems in my psych class today and yes trauma such as that I believe can cause personality changes. Best bet would to talk to a doctor then they would probably send you somewhere that can help you

althought I dont know what ur personality chanegs were, I am pretty sure trauma such as that can cause changes
|
Quick Reply