Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Crazy Teens- No Offence-lol (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Why were 64 girls pregnant at one ohio school?

April 12, 2006 — ashley cartwright was 15 years old when she gave birth to a baby girl, shantae, but in her community she was far from alone.

During the 2004-05 school year, when cartwright was a sophomore at timken senior high in canton, ohio, 64 out of nearly 500 girls at the school became pregnant.

"it was crazy," said cartwright, who is now 17. "i never had sex before and I just wanted to try it out, I guess."

the number of teen pregnancies is on the decline nationally, but there are still pockets where the numbers have remained high, such as in canton.

At timken, teen pregnancies cut across racial and ethnic lines. This year, nine girls showed up pregnant on the first day of school, and cartwright was one of them, carrying her second child.

"having two babies — it's double trouble," she said.

Timken has not yet released this year's pregnancy total, though school officials say that it's lower than last year's. When contacted by abc news for comment, school officials responded with a written reply: "a steady decline in teen pregnancy rates … below the national average for urban school districts."

"fifteen years ago, it was double what it is today," canton schools superintendent diane talarico said in august.

Ohio public schools offer abstinence education, but timken goes one step further, providing prenatal programs.

Most girls at canton, however, do not get pregnant.

"my mom would kill me," said corrina hughley, 17. "plus I want to be a doctor, and that's like something that. … I just can't get pregnant right now."

for some teens who may feel they never got enough attention growing up, having a baby may seem like a way to become the center of attention.

"the parents get like, 'oh, i'm going to have a grandbaby and i'm going to give you this and get you that,'" cartwright said.

She escaped a broken home at 6 and still lives with her grandparents, along with her daughters, jordan and shantae, and their teenage father, torrean stembridge

the pressure is not really to get the girl pregnant," stembridge said. "the pressure is just to have sex so you can fit in with the crowd, or what not."

cartwright and thousands of teens from dozens of schools have benefited from canton's support center, which offers medical, educational and financial guidance.

"what we see are very exhausted girls who are out of the loops with their friends because they have another life that they're living at home," said jill taylor, director of the pregnancy support center.

Cartwright has dropped out of school, but she hopes to teach others a lesson.

"don't have sex at all," she said. "or if you do, be on a condom or be on some kind of birth control."

she hopes to return to a different school someday to become a nurse.

what is up with these kids nowadays?? This girl is 15 and has 2 kids!!!!!! I can barely handle one and i'm almost 27!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is a shame to see these young girls that ruin their child hood , to become pregnant at 13, 14, 15, some never continue their education, never go to their prom have so much fun in their senior year, never go to their high school graduation plus the party or at leat get their ged, end up living off the state for the rest of the rest of their lives, most have no inspiration, I saw the program on tv last night, one girl had 2 kids by the time she was 15 and so many of them have no ambition can barely take care of themselves and then bring these poor innocent babies into their lives that need all ofthis attention love an care andido realize that thei are some good one's out their that care that continue their education and they do well and then there are others that some of them still have to go and party and granddma and grandpa have to raise them, to me, that is sooo wrong, they raised their kids. It is time for these young girls to step up and take action and respnsiibility for what they have done, not just the young onesbutthe older one's too. If you feel that you cannot handle the responsibilities of raising a child then their are other ways and I am not just talking about abortion. You females that think that these little baby's are so cute and cuddly, their is alot more to it then that such as ssleepless nights, teethimg, they get sick, Dr. Bills and clothing, food and much, much more sso you really need to think about it because just because a guy says that hewill stick around if you get pregnant does not always mean the he will because alot of times they can get jealous when the baby is getting attention and they are not and visa versa and pregnant females change alot to with mood swings and their hormones are bouncing off of the wall, a lot changes!
Good luck to you all!
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Supporter
Wow!!!!!!

Kids growing up way too fast.... Or so they try!
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Community Volunteer
michelle1981 wrote:
wow!!!!!!

c'mon mich we all know you had 5 kids by 14.
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
michelle1981 wrote:
wow!!!!!!

pffft.... 10 here, baby. **rubs saggy potbelly**
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Supporter
lalee wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
michelle1981 wrote:
wow!!!!!!

pffft.... 10 here, baby. **rubs saggy potbelly**

i love my saggy potbelly lol

jess, you're missing a few... Sheesh
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Wow lalee, you're the baby machine!! Lmao

mich sorry how many is it now? 8,9??
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Supporter
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
mich sorry how many is it now? 8,9??

10 or 11..... But I think I lost a couple :p

sandralynn wrote:
i've had 7 kids and I have .N.O. .V.A.G.I.N.A.!!!! J/p

what do you do, sneeze them out? Lol
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Supporter
Phewww, what a relief!
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Supporter
Lmao
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Bwahahahahaaaa... I can just pic the sneezing the baby out. I think pooping them out would hurt more than labour. lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man we are one hillarious bunch today!!!! Lmao
|

replied April 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
bwahahahahaaaa... I can just pic the sneezing the baby out. I think pooping them out would hurt more than labour. lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man we are one hillarious bunch today!!!! Lmao

hell yeah it would hurt.

I whine over big turds.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Lol,big turds hurt man!
|

replied April 13th, 2006
Would they give you a baby softener for that?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lmao!
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Big turds do hurt! I get so worked up, and break out in a heat rash lol im a freak
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I sweat so much I slide off the toilet. . .Lmao
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
lmao I can totally picture that mel.

Sometimes I sit there for so long my feet fall asleep, that sucks lol
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Pregnancy poops are the worst!!!!
|

replied April 13th, 2006
hcobrunette06 wrote:
sometimes I sit there for so long my feet fall asleep, that sucks lol

lmao, I totally do that.
|
12 >>