Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vaginal Blister? =/

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
My period is currently ending and there is a blister on the lip of my vagina. I am not a virgin and have had unprotected sex with only one person for 2 years. This has happened only once before. Could this be herpes? They are never in clusters, no bleeding, not very much pain (only when touched), no burning ot stinging during urination.

I had sex right before my period and I usually always have a bit of irritation and I wonder if maybe that is all? Could it be a yeast infection? =/

i've looked up herpes symtpoms/pictures on the web everywhere but it just doesn't seem to match up. My blister is white, it looks like the kind you get on the palm of your hands after climbing monkey bars or working with tools.

My husband has no symptoms like mine but has decided to get checked just in case his symptoms are undetected.

I am at a loss. Yes, I will consult a physician if it doesn't get better, but I would love some feedback for now. It is more of a nuisance than anything and it has me worried sick, I would just love to have answers. Thank you for your time
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Same Thing!
Omg how did things turn out with you? I have the same thing-- and it showed up right after my period ended and cooincidently 1 week after rough sex.

Went to the doc to be sure- still waiting on results tho.
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Experienced User
I've done the same thing looking through things and trying to figure it out with out any luck...I went to a docotor but they didnt know what it was...They just said put some monosate on it and if it doesnt clear up then come back.Its been 3 months and I havent seen it sence but I 'm always parinoded about it being there agian. I hope you get some answers.
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Hi,
i'm new here but just read this........I'm really worried because I have the same problem. And I got it right after my period!! I am hoping it's not herpes!!!! And right before getting my period, I was really itchy down there. And i'm terrified about it being herpes because literally the day my period was over, I had sex (with a condom) and the next day I got the blister. I know that if it is herpes I wouldn't have gotten a blister that fast from that person. I'm more worried about giving it to him. I just want to know what the heck this thing is. It's the first time it's ever happened!!
Christina
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Are these blisters you all speak off look like water-blisters? Of blood-blisters?
|

replied April 27th, 2008
ugh.
Can someone please just say what it is and give some more information about it?
I've got the same thing, it came not too long after my period ended. I'm a virgin though. I'm kinda freaked out, I have no clue what it is. And all I can come up with on the web is a bunch of different STDs, which scares the hell out of me.
|

replied April 27th, 2008
Experienced User
Yeast infections can be really bothersome. The main symptoms I experienced with yeast infections were itching and irritation. I had a lot of problems with them when I was younger. You can buy the Monistat supppository at Wal-mart and hopefully it will clear up if it is a yeast infection. Also, take hot baths and eat a lot of yogurt!
|

replied June 2nd, 2008
It is good to hear that others have this as well. Just to let you know, I did get tested for Herpes and both the swab test and the blood test came back negative. I still don't have a diagnosis for it though. The doctor thought it might have been an ingrown hair but that is not the case. Please post if you get a diagnosis so that the rest of us can go to our doctor with some idea of what it may be.
|

replied September 21st, 2008
same her HELP
OK mine are about the same, they start right before my period and are extreamly itchy. After starting and of course itching them they become sore, I say they but its usually only 1 and for mths it was always been in the exact same spot until this month then it moved up a tad bit. It then seems to look like a water blister like the one described below with the monkey bars. Also there was a time I got blisters on my gums and went to the dentist, they had asked if I had any others in other not so great places and being embarrassed and scared of what it could be I said no, but they still said it was probably something hormonal controlled. I first thought it was an ingrow hair and keeping a clean shave does help. If we can figure this out I would be happy, its bad enough having PMS and then some strange itch/pain is even worst!! Good LUCK to all. Oyeah, I did just have my yearly and they did all the STD checks and they all came back NEGATIVE so what the deal!!!!
|

replied May 18th, 2009
Bartholin's Gland Cyst
check it out on webMD. I suffer too. Sad
|

replied May 20th, 2009
I have had the same thing?
I have had the same thing before a few times. After a period and after wearing a pad......I think from the pad rubbing its a blister, and with rubbing alcohol they go away. I googled it a long time ago. Sometimes I gain weight because of my thyroid, and wehn I gain wait I get them more often.
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Blisters...go to a female dr
I have this same problem. For the longest time it appeared in the same spot but not it is random. Genernaly in the same spot or across on the other side. I went to 3 differant doctors. My 1st family doctor lanced it (ouch) sent it off to be cultured for herpes and it came back negative, being a man he tells me to be safe since the results were probably wrong he started me on the treatment for Herpers. Then my obgyn also said it was herpes, just based on my description and since I get the herpes breakouts on my mouth...again a man! Finally i have a female family doctor/gyn and I went into the office when I was having a severe outbreak. She lanced it and again results said no herpes....blood test also said no. She tells me she gets these all the time and can't explain them. They come mostly after her period. I noticed I always got mine whenever I was wearing tighter pants and sitting at the computer alot..which meant i was probably working very late and moving around in my chair a lot to stay awake. She thinks they are just caused by irriation, possible ingrown hair, stress, and hormones. She also said they were completly not contagioius and my husband has never shown any sypmtoms.
|