Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Dizziness/room Spinning

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hello,
(i am female 46, 123 lbs.)
after searching the forum and doing some reading, I decided to use this site.
I have been feeling dizzy also for about 4 months.
Otherwise I have been healthy, I haven't been sick for quite awhile.
Just small colds or allergies, some sinus from flowers and pollen. I usually use cold medicine to relieve it, then it passes.
When I go to bed, the bed spins. If I just prop my pillow, then relax, the room spins, I close my eyes, and feel like I want to pass out in bed when this happens.
At work, I can be sitting, then when I stand, I have to sit back down because I feel like I am on an elevator that just stopped suddenly.
This isn't all day long, just little spells at work, I have learned to become slower getting up, but at night it has been every night for about 4 months.

Since I was about 17, I have had tinitus. As the years go on, it worsens.
I don't know how I got tinitus, I never worked where it is loud, or ever listened to loud music.
My mother says that maybe a medicine I took when I was younger did this. (i used to get bladder infections alot when I was a teenager, hospitalized with iv's.) it has been very hard to get to sleep at night since it has been getting worse, I try to concentrate on the tone to finally get some sleep.

I'm not sure if the dizziness/spinning, falling - feeling has anything to do with the tinitus. I have read information about vertigo, but I am not sure that this is the reason for my symptoms.
I am going to see a doctor next week to get some help. I would have went sooner, but my medical insurance just got accepted so I am taking advantage of it.
Can anyone respond before I go to the doctor?
Thanks,
susan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Experienced User
The spinning feeling sounds like vertigo to me. I only know this because I have post concussion and the neurologist wasn't sure if I had vertigo or if I was dizzy from the trauma. I felt more of a light headed dizzy at the ent when he had me lay down and focus on his nose. He said with vertigo you feel like spinning.. I don't know if it would have anything to do with your tinitus.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like vertigo.

Christa
|

replied April 11th, 2006
When it happens at night I can't focus.
I think it is vertigo too, just by what I have read.
Thanks
susan
|