Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Does Lubricant Have Any Effect On Sperm?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I ws reading that lubricant affects sperm in a negative way but I also read that it has no affect on sperm. Does anyone here know if it does? If you do plse help we have been using astroglide.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Experienced User
I think it depends on the ph level in the lubricant. I know they sell some special brand that they say won't hurt the sperm. I think it was called pre-seed but I hear it is a bit pricey.
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Ok thanks I heard bout that but I can find it anywhere thanks for the info though
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Astroglide
I had read the same thing about lubracant. I read that astroglide was supposed to be ok. Well, I went out and bought it. A few days later I found info on the net that said that astroglide was bad as well. Not sure what to believe now. They also say that saliva is bad as well. Kinda a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation I think. I wish I could find a product that I know is safe. Everywhere you look there is conflicting info.
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I hate that !**@!.Maybe that why I didn't get pregnant b4 I went on birth control? Hmmmm. . .I use lube and I don't think it would count as being safe for sperm
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Most certainly it does!

Most lubricants have high ph levels which can kill off sperm. The only lubricant I know of that does not do that is pre-seed. It was especially created for lubrication while trying to conceive.

Nancy
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Wow,thanks for the info!
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I dont see any lube stuff on there. . .
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Edit
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I found it,thanks!
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Thanks for the info I wonder where they sell that besides on the internet do they sale it at pharmacy's or anything this whole time weve been using astroglide besides last nite
|

replied April 12th, 2006
Experienced User
I have not seen it in any pharmacies as of yet

nancy
edit
|

replied April 12th, 2006
I found it thanks for the fertility shop website! Thanks a lot I ordered 2 bottles for 8.99 a piece and then you get free two free preg test. My most fertile day according to the calendar is today so we wont use the astroglide tonite.
|

replied April 14th, 2006
Experienced User
You're welcome!

Nancy
edit
|

replied March 27th, 2011
Does Lube impede conception?
I found Pre-Seed at CVS, and it was almost $20 for a small bottle. I know the last time i got pregnant we were using Astroglide, but i guess that was a fluke? Saliva??? Really??
|
Quick Reply