Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

My Head Is Sore And Hurts.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
As the title says on the side of my head near the back it is sore and hurts when I touch it. Even when I put a shirt on or off if it rubs agasint my head it hurts. Both sides of my head this has been going on for 2 weeks I told my doc and he just said its prob nothing and I should see if it goes away. My head itches alot to I gotta keep itching at it. And I did get a haircut recently about...2-3 weeks ago could that be it?. I have severe genreized anxiety and I keep thinking it's a brain tumor or something in my head. I dont know what it could be? I take showers and wash my head so its not cuz im dirty the soreness started getting worse 2 days ago where I can accutly say *ouch* when someyone/something touches me head.

Also I have a little bump in the middle on the back of my skull is that normal? My doc said it is but I dont really think she checked it anough she just wiped over my head with her hand and said oh its nothing. I just turned 18 so I gotta get a new doc and who knwos how long that will take!!!

Any suggestions on what/how to get my soreness to stop?

Im sorry I didint know where to put this topic so I picked anxiety becasue I do have anxiety about alot of stuff including this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2013
headaches
same here i have this pain at the back of my head when i touch it its sore Sad and i went to the doctors and they said its nothing so idk
|

replied June 2nd, 2013
Hi I have a similar thing it's like a constant ache for me I get sharp pains as well sometimes. I have almost like a dent in the back of my head and I had the doc check it and say it was normal. I keep getting this ache though I've been to the doc several times about it now I've asked him to give me a ct scan and he's also doing bloods to rule out other things! I just hope we are ruling them out and we don't find anything! I'm only 28 I'm to young to die.
|