Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Black Ugly Raised Moles

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hi im normally on here posting for myself, but im very concerned for my husband,,he has 2 very dark black moles that have grown now they have joined they look awful,i have looked at some pics of melanomas and they look exactly like what my husband has on his back.He just rang from work today to say its now itchy I have booked him in to see the dr today.I am very concerned as his had them for a long time,they are quite big, I have no idea of what will happen if they are melanoma,if it is, I hope its not too late,please feel free to leave any comment for me ,im so worried..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Hi its me again,i see noone has replyed but people have looked at this post just letting you know ,yes it is melanoma,(8mm)dr is surgically removing them today then we have 2 wait 4 the test results 2 see if its malignant,,im quite concerned,but trying to be strong for my husband,once again please leave your comments id be so grateful!!!
|

replied April 11th, 2006
Hi its me again,i see noone has replyed but people have looked at this post just letting you know ,yes it is melanoma,(8mm)dr is surgically removing them today then we have 2 wait 4 the test results 2 see if its malignant,,im quite concerned,but trying to be strong for my husband,once again please leave your comments id be so grateful!!!
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is great that he is seeing a skin dr generallt men are su horrible about going tu the Dr. My step-dad used to have a lot of trouble with skin cancer but they burnt them off somee got worse so they had to surgically remove them.
Hope everything turns out okay for tour husband!
Keep us posted!
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry, did not read all of your posts, sure hope the dr got it all and it was treated. I know that I would be scared too!
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Please keep us posted!
|