Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Infectious Diseases Forum

Mrsa

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
I have been diagnosed with mrsa for about the third or fourth time in the past 8 months. I've taken antibiotics for 10 days and 14 days and most recently for 28 days. The infection seemed to go away for about a month or two but it is back and my Dr. Just presecribed another 10 days or bactroban (or bactrim). I am concerned about the recurrences. I am an individual that seems prone to infections. I often get sinus infections several times a year and about two years ago I had chronic tonsilitus. That went away and my sinus infections have subsided but now it is mrsa that is getting the best of my immune system.

I had blood test done to check for various things including immune difficiencies, etc. And everything seemed normal. Is there any steps I should take to further investigate this or should I just keep taking antibiotics as presecribed by my Dr.

I fee like I should be taking more drastic actions after having mrsa off and on for this long. I have two young children, the youngest (20 months) was diagnosed with mrsa recently and now appears to have kicked it. Is it possible I got it back from her?

What steps should I take, if any to step up the investigation of this problem? I don't feel like my Dr.'s ask enough questions and they don't seemed concerned about this condition...Should they be?

Thanks,
jlgate
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jlgate
|

replied June 25th, 2006
Hey hunni I have mrsa too.

Join this mrsa forum.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Re: Mrsa
jlgate wrote:
I have been diagnosed with mrsa for about the third or fourth time in the past 8 months. I've taken antibiotics for 10 days and 14 days and most recently for 28 days. The infection seemed to go away for about a month or two but it is back and my Dr. Just presecribed another 10 days or bactroban (or bactrim). I am concerned about the recurrences. I am an individual that seems prone to infections. I often get sinus infections several times a year and about two years ago I had chronic tonsilitus. That went away and my sinus infections have subsided but now it is mrsa that is getting the best of my immune system.

I had blood test done to check for various things including immune difficiencies, etc. And everything seemed normal. Is there any steps I should take to further investigate this or should I just keep taking antibiotics as presecribed by my Dr.

I fee like I should be taking more drastic actions after having mrsa off and on for this long. I have two young children, the youngest (20 months) was diagnosed with mrsa recently and now appears to have kicked it. Is it possible I got it back from her?

What steps should I take, if any to step up the investigation of this problem? I don't feel like my Dr.'s ask enough questions and they don't seemed concerned about this condition...Should they be?

Thanks,
jlgate
our immune system is in our guts so to strenghthen it take acidophilis and eat yogurt
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Mrsa Sucks
my son is 2 yrs old and has already had 3 bouts of this. 2 times was hospitalized. they think it may have come from either my husband or myself. We have both been treated with Bactriban( i think that is the name) twice. it goes in your nose. they say that is where staph can live.
neither one of us has had mrsa since our son was born, but who knows. they can not tell us why he keeps getting it thoug. it has been difficult watching him be cut open 4 times now to let the infection drain. i know this was probably no help, but your not alone.
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Mrsa
My daughter has MRSA and had to be treated with Vancomiacin or Xyvox. With my limited knowledge, they are the antibiotics that you need to treat MRSA with. It is a 6 week treatment. She just had another knee surgery and I am hoping and praying the MRSA does not reappear.
|

replied October 20th, 2007
Re: Mrsa
jlgate wrote:

Thanks,
jlgate

Has anyone seen this? I thought I read about a study where they found that marijuana effectively treated MRSA. Now I can't find it.
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2007
Hey, i have mrsa as well. I was in the hospital in may with a sore on my side. I have been taking probiotics, that you get behind the counter at the drug store, needless to say i have not had any more problems since then. And that was not my first sore but about the 5th one in a year. So try some probiotics.
|

replied November 6th, 2007
Try a Sinus Irrigator And Check Your Body Temp
Keeping the sinus membranes clean is very important in keeping out germs. A sinus irrigator is the answer. I've used one for years. Google it or Amazon sells them. Use Kosher salt and tap water. The "special" salt they sell is nothing more than Kosher salt. $3 for a box at the grocery store that will last six months versus their "special" salt that is 100 times the price.

Also, check your body temp. If below 98.2 then your metabolism is low and you're not detoxing fast enough. Google Wilson's syndrome. Buy the T3 compound if you wish but prescription armour thyroid (very cheap) works just as well for 90% of people with T3 deficiency. I was at 93 degrees and now back to 98.6 and my metabolism is working again and my body is detoxing. That plus the sinus irrigator is worth the money 100 times over. I have other serious health problems these two things can't help but at least I no longer pick up new germs and my body again detoxes as it should.

Hope this helps!
|

replied December 18th, 2007
Mrsa the Replicator
Hello all,

I am a homeless man with extremely low resources and I was wondering if there was some suggested medicines like aspirin, tylenol that would help me combat mrsa?

---

after no response, which is typical of America today, I know that this forum is worthless.
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2009
$100 pill
As this thread is over a year old...

google $100 pill and you'll find me.
|

replied March 10th, 2009
How I treated my MRSA
I have battled MRSA since June 2006. It has manifested itself as repeated skin infections (mostly infected hair follicles, but also other lingering cuts, hangnails, etc.). I took antibiotics for about 2 years, none of which worked. One gave me a horrible allergic reaction (sulfamethaoxazole) and another gave me a month of severe diarrhea (clindamycin).

When I read some news article , I had hope that there might be a better solution out there. I made myself a tincture out of marijuana, applied it topically with a spray bottle, and have since been able to completely abandon antibiotics and bleach baths. I only have to apply the tincture about once a month (that's how often my symptoms reappear) and it's as simple a quick spritz on my skin.

It seems that, as long as I battle eczema, I won't be able to get rid of the MRSA entirely, but now I have a quick, cheap, and side effect-free way to treat it.

|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2009
Supporter
Ugh I hate that word...MRSA. After I delivered my daughter on December 15th, which was by c-section, a few days after I started getting sick. I had a fever and chills, and just felt very sluggish. One day my sister came by to see the baby and she wanted to see my c-section incision and she noticed and black hole above it. She said it was the size of like a plum. I kind just shrugged it off and thought it was a part of the incision. Well xmas eve my husband looked at it and he said it just didnt look right, so I had to go back to the hospital on xmas day...leave my daughter who was only 2 weeks old because I was diagnosed with MRSA. I spent 4 days in the hospital and people had to wear gowns and masks when they came in to see me. After I got out I had home health care come in and I had to be on strong antibiotics to get rid of it...I was on a pic line and Iv for about a month, and a nurse had to come in and change my dressing and put stuff on the MRSA. It was miserable, and I hate that I couldnt enjoy the first weeks of my daughters life. I never had heard of this kind of infection before and then all the sudden everyone was getting it. I had the scar from the MRSA but I hated looking at it so when I went in to deliver my second daughter by c-section I had the doc remove it. Now MRSA is just a part of my past but I hope to god I never go through that again!
|

replied March 11th, 2009
post edited
My original post about how I successfully treated my MRSA has been edited by the site admins. If you'd like the information I actually posted (including a link to the news article I read about a study showing that topically applied marijuana killed MRSA), send me a private message.
|
Users who thank rudolphthered for this post: farmerpurple 

replied February 28th, 2013
Information is worth looking into. I'd appreciate if you'd e-mail what you've learned. Thank you.
|

replied August 17th, 2009
MRSA treatment
Eating raw gralic (after smashing it and leaving it for 15 min) 2 or 3 a day could help to fight MRSA...
|

replied November 11th, 2010
Destroying a MRSA boil
Alright people since no one on the face of the planet has decided to try it that at least that i know of by surfing the web. i have successfully destroyed if you will a mrsa boil. it wasn't a long process and will i repeat will leave a nice scar so you can say you got shot stabbed burnt however you wanna tell your lie. h2o2! those of you that aren't familiar with antiseptics that you buy or paayed attention in chemistry it's hydrogen peroxide. it will oxidize the mrsa infection. first you must be at least 75% sure its mrsa or you may just be getting a scar for no reason whatsoever but you apply the h2o2 heavily (a total of maybeybe half of a shot if you are using a cotton swab more if you are pouring it on use your discretion, only you know your body) no less than twice a day or it would be pointless for a minimum of a week i lucked out because i knew what it was before the pain took over my arm and it took 5 days to get the result i'm telling you about. yes h2o2 will destroy healthy tissue but it will save you the doctor's visit and bills. i had the idea and tried it on the 2nd boil i received thanks to the "clean" disease after it returned three months after i got rid of the first with antibiotics. at first when there wasn't a hole in my arm i started applying it by pouring it on the area and squeezing out what would come out then once the core started to clear out and there was a hole a cotton swab with h2o2 was then used to scrub/apply/spin around in the boil and tonight i just pulled out what seems to be the majority of the core. i must say this process will burn as it damages good flesh but for those who don't have the money to get proper medical attention in the united states, canada you people are lucky, try it. if it doesn't work effectively in two weeks seek immediate medical attention. hospitals in the us can't let you die from a contagious disease without giving you any medical attention, and if you don't pay your medical bill it will only show up that you haven't paid it on your credit report. it will not destroy good credit. health care should be free anyway! with that if anyone reads this and tries it out let me know . please don't be stupid if its on your neck face or your fun parts, yeah i said fun parts haha, just go to the hospital and get it over with not worth dying. peace chicken grease and all things dirty -bug eatin steve-
|

replied February 4th, 2011
I have had MRSA, confirmed and tested too many times to count. I contracted MRSA at age 12. I am now 30 and I have had well over 500 abscesses. I have been treated in the past by a Dr of infectious disease who was baffled that I still had outbreaks because my skin tested negative for colonization. However, every single outbreak I get tests positive for MRSA and is very resistant to nearly everything but Macrobid. Vancomycin has not helped and I am borderline allergic to it as it caused me to have convulsive vomiting. Rocephin, Clindamycin, Keflex, Z-pack… and others do not kill this nasty hanger-on. I am allergic to sulfides. I have had nose treatments with Mupirocin and I use antimicrobial soap everyday from head to toe. I wash my hands so much they crack and bleed. I have also had Polinidal disease which tested MRSA positive. I cannot rid myself of this aggressive disease. The hardest part is that I get lesions mostly on the labia majora. The lymph nodes in the groin swell and the scar tissue and indurated tissue is so bad that the boils no longer come to head themselves. As of 2006 I must be lanced nearly every time or the infection spreads under the skin until there needs to be multiple areas lanced to initiate secondary healing. Years back I was tested vigorously because my blood had an "unidentified white blood cell" they quarantined my home and I went in for them to take my blood. I never heard back from anyone (Michigan, 2003). It is important to note that I do not have a compromised immune system such as HIV or Hepatitis. However, I do have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. I am also type 0+.

Now I suffer on a regular basis in many ways. My self-esteem takes an exponential hit. My sex life is effected along with a loss of feeling in the general area of constant infection. My right labia majora used to be the main affected area before I had that area marcupialized in 2004. Now the MRSA mostly targets the left labia majora and the lower part of my thigh and buttocks. However, I have had the infection on my face, neck, legs, back, chest, wrists, abdomen, arm pits…. you name it. I have had as many as 7 lesions at once. I can go months without any sign of infection at all. During those months of reprieve I do not back away from treatment. I have gone back and forth on the constant antimicrobial treatments for the skin to avoid dry skin cracks that are a liability for infection. I fear being too far away from the ER in case I get a really aggressive bout and it gestates in less than 24 hours into something that needs to be addressed immediately. I also have psoriases which also infects.

We are constantly cleaning the shower with bleach. We are constantly cleaning all surfaces. We do not use the same towels or clothes. I don't even shake hands with strangers anymore because I am so sterile that I am likely to contract something new quite easily. In the ER if I have to be there for only a short while I am likely to stand and I try not to touch anything. I have developed a rather negative stance on public places. I wash my hands before I start shopping. I carry antibacterial gel in my purse. It is to the point that my friends with HIV are less careful than I am. I have never heard of anyone having this bacteria for as long as I have (that were confirmed). The central Mayo clinic probably has a file room just for me… I know they store samples of everything they get so I imagine I have my own directory. You know, file the MRSA under D for Dana…. That's my story.
|

replied April 21st, 2011
Mrsa
My 10 year old daughter has been diagnosed with mrsa today. I took her to the dr. 3 days ago with these giant boils that broke out on her butt and between her legs. The dr. did a culture and it came back as mrsa. i took her back today because she is in alot of pain. One of the boils actually ruptured and the pus just keeps coming. She is taking Septra twice a day and bactrim ointment on the boils. I've been reading up on this and its really scary... Please pray for my baby girl! Anita
|

replied April 21st, 2011
Mrsa
My 10 year old daughter has been diagnosed with mrsa today. I took her to the dr. 3 days ago with these giant boils that broke out on her butt and between her legs. (5 boils) The dr. did a culture and it came back as mrsa. i took her back today because she is in alot of pain. One of the boils actually ruptured and the pus just keeps coming. She is taking Septra twice a day and bactrim ointment on the boils. I've been reading up on this and its really scary... Please pray for my baby girl! Anita
|