Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

When Does Baby Have Good Neck Control ?

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Hi everyone I am a mom of 5 month of baby daughter, I would like to find out when did your baby has a good neck control. The reason I asked is because my baby girl is 5 months and one week old she doesnt have a very good neck conrtol yet! I heard other moms said that their baby didnt have a good neck control in the end of 5 months or they just recently have a good neck control at 6 months...Some start as early as 4 months...I am just worried please let me know when your baby start having a good neck control??? Thanks Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper wawa980
|

replied April 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I have heard from other mothers that this is normal for some babies. If you are concerned I would definitely take your child to a doctor or local health center; they are very helpful. Are you giving your baby regular tummy time so they can strengthen their neck?
|

replied May 27th, 2011
my bubby is about 11 week and she just drinking only 120ml milk at one time i m concerned is she ok with that much milk for her growth and development, she also not hold her neck yet
|

replied July 18th, 2011
no neck control
hello,
I'm from Turkey. My daughter has a health problem. I realized that when she was 4 months. She hasnt got neck control and doesn't have eye control as well. Doctors can't find the problem. Everything looks normal in tests. She is 10 months old now. But she is always in bed. The reason I shared my daughter's problem because there can be anybody who has the same problem. I ask you help.. some advice... I am in desperate straits...
|

replied August 18th, 2011
Semra,
Your daughter may have developmental issues and should see a doctor. Even if she has a few problems, she's still your little treasure. Love her. Don't worry. I had a child who had major developmental issues and she is now 27 and living her life.
|