Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

How Can U Tell If Ur Preggy While Taking the Mini Pill?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I started on the errin brand mini pill last month after years of taking a combo pill. Since starting the pill I still have the bloating I was getting on the combo pill :? And I have spotted a few times also (old blood) but I was wondering how to tell if you became pregnant while on the mini pill since u dont get a period when u take it continuously? I am just wondering cause my husband and I have had sex several times since starting the pill and I am just always overthinging everything I feel with my body.. The bloating, frequent urination, nausea,heartburn.... But I wouldnt even know when to try and test cause I don't have a period to "miss" or know when I would get a period if I was supposed to. I also was wondering what the chances of getting pg on the mini pill cause last night we had sex and I dropped and lost todays pill in the bathroom (clumsy me) and I know sperm can live up to 4 or 5 days, so if I miss todays pill, would that increase my chances of getting pg.. I bet this is probably confusing, but if you can try to answer me that would be awesome. Thanks, kelly.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Ok well im on the mini pill too... I am majorly bloated...And I was over analysing all the pregnancy signs..... All the female hormones in your body me tinkers.... Anyway.. I was wondering bout the whole no periods thing... And I just think.. U have got to take tests... Theres no other way.... Or be extra careful like using a condom.. And like me and my boyfriend.. Washing ur hands after foreplay... Im dreading no periods... Coz thats my like relief signal... Lol... Good luck xx
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Ok I am glad I am not the only one (not that I am happy anyone is feeling bloated or anything) but it is nice to know I am not alone. I just would hate to waste money on tests everytime I need one. But unless I had every possiable sign or symptom at once I probably would try to hold off on buying a test.. I wouldnt mind if I became pregnant, it is in our near future anyway, so I wouldnt go out of my way for extra protection. But I dont like the fact that I cant use a missing or light period as an indicator of being preggy or not. Cause right now I am questioning if I am but I am just going to try to wait it out for more symptoms befor I make any Dr. Appointments. Or buy any tests..... Well I hope our bloating goes away soon, thanks for answering.... Anyone else with any input on this situation??? Kelly
|

replied April 10th, 2006
Experienced User
My bloatedness has gone down loads its been... Just over 2 weeks... So itll go down and I took a test.. And im not pregnant. So thats good. Xxx
|

replied April 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Im glad to hear everyging is going okay for you. I think I need to wait a while longer befor I go out and buy a test.... I have noticed I am peeing more (sorry tmi) and I am still bloated and nauseaus.. But who knows this may just be the way I am going to be from now on while I am on these pills. :(
kelly.
|

replied February 26th, 2009
pregnancy
im on the pill injection and had sex with my boyfriend last tuesday and this week i have really light bleeding and i dont get my periods or bleed while on the injection so im stressing out i dont know whats happening has anyone else had this problem???
|

replied March 6th, 2009
the pill
what if i missed 2 days of the pill the last week and got my period so i took my last pill the next day and it went away but now its sugar pill week and im not getting my period? is my body taking as the two days i had it as my period... it was very light... or could i be pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Are you on the mini pill? Please start a new thread, especially if it doesn't relate to the current one-- I'll know whats going on easier Wink

After you miss two pills in a row, you need to be using back up methods for at least a week.

You should take a pregnancy test two weeks after you had sex, but its also possible that your just a little messed up from missing your pills. Did you take the pills you missed?
|

replied March 7th, 2009
no i didnt think it would matter if i took em because it was sugar pill week but i start again tomorrow... or should i not start a new pack because its messed up? im on aviane
|

replied April 18th, 2009
the mini pill
ok, so i started the pill 6 weeks after i had my son and my husband and i did have sex after i started them. the next week i had a little very light bleeding for 3 days just old blood kinda but now its been like 46 days since that and i still have no period. we have had sex a lot. could i be pregnant? i took a test a week or 2 ago but it was negative. please help im going crazy thinking about it!!!!!
|