Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

How Long Before U Can Test

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Okay heres my question......
It woulda been on march 22nd that I had sex 2 times and my boy friend finished in me (were trying to have a baby just so everyone knows heh) and than again on march 25th I was suppose to also get my period on march 25th and it didnt come until march 29th and was only 3 days and its usually last 5 days and it wasnt as heavy as it usually is and I was wondering how long it would take before it would show up on a test whether I was pregnant or not I took a test today and it came back negative :cry: :( but than I thought maybe it was to early to take it if someone could please help me out that would be awsome :)

ashlee
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2009
days of pregnacy
it takes 14 days to find out if ur really pregnant n if u had ur period then most likely ur not pregnant n ur period just came late cuz u had sex on that day u was pot to get it
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Read the package directions for the pregnancy test. Some are more accurate earlier than others are. The instructions will tell you when to test and how accurate it is at that point.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2010
help
ive had sex wiv this lad on monday 25th jan and i just come off me period and im scared that i myt be preg and i was gonna do test monday wat shud i do, am i preg cus had sex on the day i come off help
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
You're probably fine, since you just finished your period. However, it is still possible. If you test this early, it probably won't be very accurate--you might get a false-negative. Your best bet is to wait and see if you miss your next period. Read the test's directions to see when it is most accurate. Some recommend waiting until a week after your missed period. If you want to test now, just for your peace of mind, that's fine, but if you miss your period, take another test.

This is a good opportunity to find a birth control method that's right for you. There are a lot of options, pills, shots, diaphragms, condoms, etc. Find a reliable method and stick with it and you won't have to worry like this anymore. Also, you need to protect yourself from STDs, even if you are in a committed relationship, unless you know for 100% certainty that you are both clean. There is nothing wrong with being on birth control pills and still using condoms.
|

replied January 30th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
It is WAY too early to test for pregnancy. Your body would have no idea if you were pregnant, because there likely hasn't been any implantation. You have to wait (as it says on the pregnancy test!) 10 to 14 days before your body produces enough hormones to trigger a pregnancy test. The later the better.

It isn't likely you ovulated that early in your cycle, so your pregnancy risk would be very low.
|
Users who thank Mabel for this post: cookie_monster08 

replied May 8th, 2010
pregancy help issues
well im not really sure what to do..
i thought i might of been pregant when i was with the love of my life on april 29th but then i messed wit him again may 6th n may 7th .. n im not for sure if i took a pregancy test now that it would be accurate.. i dont kno how long you have to wait till it would be right.. i really want this to be . i want to start a family .. can somebody please help me n tell me what to do?
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
I had sex with my fieonc may 17th, 19th, 20th, 22nd, 24th 28th and 30th im 2days late when Can i test if im preg?
|

replied November 14th, 2011
pregnet
hay my girlfriend and i had started haven un safe sex on the 29 of oct cuz we wantd to hav a baby but i kinda feel like she may have got knocked up some where els.... how long das it take to show up on a pregant test she told me on the 11th of nov tht her p/test said she was
|

replied January 18th, 2012
periods
i had ma periods on 9th january 2012 then i had unprotected sex on 15th January 2012 i my pregant or

pero
|

replied October 31st, 2012
i had sex on oct 3rd and oct 8th (fertil days) i was suppose to get my period oct 22nd and at this point i haven't got it yet. i got two pregnancy test and they were negative but is the first time i miss my period dont know to think i need help?
|

replied March 28th, 2013
dont know..had sex on the 14th of march and i usually get my period around the 17th..or later and its almost the end of the month? when can i take a preg test. im freaking out cause this is not planned.
|