Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Discharge From Nipples When Squeezed...preggo Symptom????

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi ladies!!! Most of you already know me...So i'll just give a quick update.
I have been ttc since december and I miscarried in february. I'm 25 and I have endometriosis.

Anyway...I had this weird dream that I was leaking colostrum and that it soaked my shirt. Next day...When I remembered the dream...I decided to squeeze my nipples to see what would happen. Sure enough...There were a few drops of white/clear fluid from each. When I squeezed again right after...Nothing came out. I have been able to get a few drops of fluid from each almost once or twice a day over the last week or so (i was just testing 'cause i'm so freaked out by this). I have read that this could be an early sign of pregnancy. Thing is...I just had my period march 21 (sorry tmi but...Heavy with clots...Which is normal) and I can't really see how I could be preggo.

My question: is anyone else who's not had children able to get discharge from their nipple?? Is this normal...Or could I actually be preggo?? Or did anyone have this as a symptom of pregnancy??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper wannababy25
|

replied April 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks for the response. I guess I should have explained that I already did look up info on breast discharge. I've read plenty and I know it's normal and that many woman can express fluid when they squeeze their nipples. I guess I should have just asked if anyone had noticed this in early pregnancy. That's really what I was wondering most of all.

I'm just so wrapped up in getting preggo right now that i'm over analyzing every possible symptom. You know like...Maybe i'm one of the few women who still get their periods (or I should say 'mistake implantation bleeding for period') and don't really know they're preggo yet. Lol! It's probably just normal every day discharge but i'm just graspin' at straws!

Anyway...If anyone has actually noticed this in early pregnancy...I would be very curious to know. :)
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Mine just started leaking at about 20 weeks and I am 22 weeks now. So I am not sure. Do you think that it could be due to your miscarraige? My sister said that after she miscarried that she had a little discharge. But she was like 4.5 months along. Don't know if there is a difference,
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Id have to go with no

especially with it being like the only symptom
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I agree with the above posters. Mine didn't start leaking until the end of my 5th month. With that and the fact that you're not having any other symptoms, i'd say no as well.

You should however get that check out by your .Dr.

Sarah
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I'm curious. When y'all say that you started leaking...Do you mean on their own? Or when squeezed? I know i'm probably (almost definitely) not preggo. I do have other symptoms...But not enough to take a test. I just wanted to know if anyone else had ever had this when they weren't preggo or as a symptom of very early pregnancy. Anyway...Thanks again for all the input.
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
In my case I felt a very weird sensation in my nipple. When I looked down my shirt had stains the size of quarters around my nipples. When I squeezed them, they began to leak more.

So mine came out on it's own...

Sarah
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I had the same a sarah, my breast felt like they were feeling kinda like they were filling up with milk (felt this with my last preganancy) and they were leaking. They now leak in the shower a little bit.

Genipher
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
I have heard of breast discharges happening to absolutly anyone. I have know some virgin girls that have had that happen to, and as weird as it sounds I have seen guys do that. Wierdest thing ever... So brest dicharges are obviously not a sign of pregancy
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I'm leaking breast discharge myself and i'm not pregnant hun. It can be a pregnancy symptoms but you usually get the discharge when your 4+ months into your pregnancy. If your not having any pregnancy symptoms then I wouldn't think it was pregnancy related. But see your doctor about the discharge. My discharge comes out on its own or when squeezed.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
endo discharge preg???
I too have endometriosis.. I have a little girl 3 1/2..born b4 endo diagnosis.have been ttc for five mos..had the laproscopic surgery in feb to see if tubes were clear n they are..I have mild stage one endo..what stage do you have? Anyway this month I did an OPK to see when I was ovulating..got a pos on the 29 of May..DH n I bd'd the nxt two days..and a few days after just to be safe. I thought we had a REALLy good chance this mon. but when i tested for preg only 12 days past ovulation I got a neg..most people have told me that def coulda been to early to test..however last 4days or so i have been having increasing breast discharge..some white as milk..some lighter milky clear..this is when I squeze my nipples, either one, or breasts..of course this is makin me wonder if Im preg..I will test again tomorrow which will be day 17 past ov. Im prob gettin my hopes up for nothin tho, as I have in the past. Could it be the endo do you think? the breast discharge?
|

replied July 24th, 2009
hey ihave pcos and the clear discharg from nipples when sqeezed but my breast are extreamly sore and very sensitiveand they also feel swollen. this has never happened before even when sqeezed and bybreast have never felt this sore b4 ever i am approx 10dpo. have headachs and diaharia and extreamly tired could i be pregnant???
|

replied December 15th, 2009
enough with the dischage, come on Baby!
I am going threw the same ordeal, weird....also trying to get pregnant and have had sore breasts after day 14 every month and discharge from my nipples for the last 5-6 weeks , went to the Dr and all tests came back good but now I have a swelling ring around one nipple. I just want it to stop alrady
|