Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Feeling Flutters

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
I have been very confused. Last month my period was 8 days late, I had all the signs of pregnancy, and my period was never that later before. I have never been that late and I my life could not be any better right now. So I know that my stress level is fine. So anyways! My period came and I didn't think about it anymore. But now I have been feeling flutters in my lower abdomen. It could be gas but it seems too often and to strong. My breasts don't hurt, but smells are driving me crazy and I often get sick to my stomach. All the preg. Tests are neg. I just need to know if anyone has gone through this or if I am just crazy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I know what ur feeling. I've had that before and it was nothing. Just gas bubbles probably. Cuz if it actuall was a baby, i'd be like 7 months by now and I think i'd notice lol
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Hey,
well as from a prego's standpoint, my sense of smell is very strong! When I took my pregnancy test in the beginning the showed up negative. So I waited for like a week and took it again and I got a positive answer. So depending how far along you took the tests you should keep trying until your period comes.
|

replied April 4th, 2012
When (time wise) did you receive a positive test after the negative?

My boyfriend and I started using no protection two weeks ago, but I'm on Junelfe. If I am prepregnant, we both kind of have hopes of yes, then seeinh how we're both in our late 20's inevitable marriage has been talked about.

However, over the weekend when I spend time with him, and we're intimate, the time I take the pill varies. Now I feel like I have a lot of the symptoms (especially dizzy, nausea here and there, fluttering/pulling sensation in my abdomen).

Taking test again Sunday. Just trying to keep calm in this state of not knowing...
|

replied April 4th, 2012
When (time wise) did you receive a positive test after the negative?

My boyfriend and I started using no protection two weeks ago, but I'm on Junelfe. If I am prepregnant, we both kind of have hopes of yes, then seeinh how we're both in our late 20's inevitable marriage has been talked about.

However, over the weekend when I spend time with him, and we're intimate, the time I take the pill varies. Now I feel like I have a lot of the symptoms (especially dizzy, nausea here and there, fluttering/pulling sensation in my abdomen).

Taking test again Sunday. Just trying to keep calm in this state of not knowing...
|

replied April 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Feeling Flutters
angelbaby2 wrote:
i have been very confused. Last month my period was 8 days late, I had all the signs of pregnancy, and my period was never that later before. I have never been that late and I my life could not be any better right now. So I know that my stress level is fine. So anyways! My period came and I didn't think about it anymore. But now I have been feeling flutters in my lower abdomen. It could be gas but it seems too often and to strong. My breasts don't hurt, but smells are driving me crazy and I often get sick to my stomach. All the preg. Tests are neg. I just need to know if anyone has gone through this or if I am just crazy.

if your period came, than I highly doubt that you're preggy. You wouldn't begin to feel the baby after only 8 days...It takes about 5 - 5 1/2 months to experience that. If you've had a child previously, then tops you'd feel the baby at mid 4 months.

There are some cases where women have the urge to conceive to strongly that their brains can trick their bodies into false pregnancy.

Wait a week and take another test. If you don't get the results you want, than call your .Dr and schedule a blood test...Thos would be able to detect the smallest trace of the prenancy hormone.(which could be caused by a false pregnancy)

sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2009
I had twins and felt them at 3months
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Experienced User
Some people can feel it before 4months, since the baby is moving from day dot. It depends how sensitive they are, how much fluid surrounds and such. I felt my baby move before I even knew I was pregnant. I was at work and lent up against a counter and was wearing a tight skirt and I felt that kid move ... and I was a little over a month.
|

replied October 30th, 2009
HELP
My name is Ashley and I am 23 years old. My husband and I got married August 16, 2008. We want children, however, we are not TRYING right now, but we said IF it ever happened, we would be estatic. So, my symptoms started around, I would say, April. My period is irregular already. They always have been. So that has made it very hard to tell if I was preggo or not. But around April/May I would have periods, but they would only last 3 days and then stop, and they wouldn't be heavy. I have not seen my period since June. My stomach started to get stretch marks on it and it seemed really bloated. My husband said maybe you are pregnant. I took a pregnancy test...negative. I went on...ok long story short, I am just going to list my symptoms.

Nauseated, eating alot, tired ALL of the time - (keeping in mind that right now I am unemployed so I have NO reson to be tired, however, I am), my boobs don't hurt, but my nipples hurt all of the time, my lower back is always killing me. MORE STRECTH MARKS, bigger stomach, flutters/kicks in my stomach. I mean, I could go all day with my symptoms.

I went to my OBGYN back in June, he gave me a blood test - negative, and the ultra sound showed nothing. So the thought of being a mommy went out of my head. But, that did not stop my symptoms. Instead, new symptoms came along every week. I started having the CRAZIEST craving for mustard, and to this day, I still have it. I don't need preztels, or a hot dog. I just want mustard, by itself. And cheese. My friends and family think that I am crazy because I continuously have negative preggo tests, to this day. I just took another test Saturday and it came up negative. I am getting very frustrated and for the past month I have felt alot of kicking. I don't know what this could be and I am getting worried because I drink wine on the weekends. If I knew for sure that I was pregnant, I would definately NOT be drinking and after I drink just 1 glass, I'm tipsy. And when I wake up in the morning, I have the WORST hangover off of 1 glass. That started about the end of September. Back about 8 months ago, I could drink an entire bottle of wine BY MYSELF and have a buzz when I went to bed but be TOTALLY fine the next morning. The fact that I am tipsy off of 1 GLASS now, people have told me that that is a symptom of pregnancy. This would be my first pregnancy, but even with me not knowing what the body feels like when you are pregnant, I KNOW that I am. My mind is telling me I'm not but my body just won't let me think otherwise. And the fact that I watch that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" does NOT help ease my mind. I don't want to have a baby just slide out of me unexpectedly. PLEASE help me.
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
Sounds like false pregnancy. Your body wants to be pregnant so badly it is making your mind believe that you are... that explains the sickness, cravings and tiredness. The stretch marks are due to excessive eating .. obviously caused by all the 'cravings'. The flutters would be gas in your stomach which is caused by the different foods your eating and the hormones your brain is releasing. If a blood test, urine test and ultra sound says you are not pregnant. Then you are not pregnant. You need to stop having doubts because this is confusing your brain. Stop thinking about being pregnant and then maybe you will fall pregnant. Good luck.
|

replied September 8th, 2010
ummm false or real... i'm freaking out
so... maybe someone can help me.... I've had all the pregnancy symptoms but every test i've taken comes out negative... i've been lactating for about a month. It started before i got married and has lasted for a month. We're not trying to get pregnant because we are only 18 and 19.... so i dunno what's going on somebody help i even feel fluttering... my period has been weird light for 2 months and well... i'm freaking out someone give me advice?
|

replied March 16th, 2011
if you are lactating and your not pregnant. you should go get your prolactin levels checked. i was diagnosed with a prolactin producing pituitary tumor in 09. and have had all kinds of hormone problems. it not always a serious thing but you should at least get blood work just to rule it out. my levels are finally leveling out now. so hopefully i will have a pos. preg. test soon. my periods were also messed up never regular til recently. i have a friend that took reglan and it made her lactate to. but hers was due to a side affect to the med. hope this is helpful
|

replied March 27th, 2012
I havent had a test yet, ive already had my period but it hasnt came this month, i feel sick more tired than ever and now im feeling these fluttering movements i dont know what it is
|

replied July 10th, 2012
Am i pregnant
I am only 17 and me and my BoyFriend does it some time unprotected
Im always tired for the last month or so i feel fluters feel like my virgina is streaching i crave things my head did hurt from time to time i feel sick most of the time and befor i got my perid i had brown discharge and my period is real light
|