Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Seeing Trailers of Light

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I have seen small trailers of light for years. They look like small bugs flying by (sort of).

I am not crazy or joking.

Please help me out if you've heard of this and know if it is a symptom of something.

Thank you all!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Wendy2711
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
Eye Lights
I see eye lights that look like little lightening bolts in my field of vision. I was so scared so I saw my Dr and an eye Dr and they both told me it was ocular migraines. Have you checked that out? I hear it comes in different forms of eye flashing/ annoying light problems.

J
|

replied September 5th, 2009
what is the cause of these little electrical like bolts, that zig zag and in my situation move in a perfect elipitcal orbit? Began experiencing these after one particular stressful event, with my wife going off in a negative manner. With in a few hours of that stressful night i began experiencing this, and this morning started google searches on this
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
visual effect symptoms: trail of bolt-like sparkles
To 'christar':
Do your symptoms last ca. 10-30 minutes before going away? Does the 'orbit' slowly move in your range of vision? Does it start sometimes in a small area, and then expand to look like a trail or round band?

Your description is similar to what I've experienced, and I'm looking for further information.

thank you,
Harris
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
To 'christar' or whoever else may have similar symptoms described in his or my post:

This website seems to have a description that explains what I have experienced, accompanied by a great animation that is a fairly close approximation:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/o cular-migraine.htm
|

replied February 27th, 2013
seeing little lightening bolts that were rainbow colored
interesting post on ocular migraines. My little lighten bolts were not circular, which is characteristic of ocular migraines, mine would cut down thru the entire field of view and were rainbow colors, looked like a movie screen being torn quickly and the rebooted.
|
Tags: symptom, vision
Quick Reply