Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Should I be Worried about Husbands Chest X-Ray? He's Tested

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
User Profile
My husband recently had a chest xray because his tb test came back possitive... (this was for immigration). They called and said they needed to do another view because the saw a spot on his lung. They did the other view but found that to be ok. There was no further explaination and he was sent on his way with the paperwork he needed for his appointment in april. My question is ..is this something we should be worried about or could it be nothing. He has no symptoms of any kind and feels good. Thank you.

victoria

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2006
Lung Cancer, Lung Disorders Answer A772
If doctors saw something suspicious on a chest X-ray (they are looking for signs of lung cancer or tuberculosis) your husband would have been kept in the hospital for further analyses. If you would like to follow up on his case, you and your husband can return to the assisting doctor and review his X-rays...you don't need to be left with unanswered questions about his health.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.