Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

You May Have Ibs If All of Your Test Results Are Normal

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hey you have ibs--have the same symptoms (stomach pain/pain under the left rib)---for a while now--had endoscopy, ct chest scan and an abdominal ct scan--all came out normal--doctor diagnosed it as ibs--i too had lower back pain, pain in the upper left shoulder, and both of my sides (hip area)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 31st, 2006
Left Side Pain
Is your left side pain worse after you eat? What does your back pain feel like?
|

replied April 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey There.
Yeah, I would have pain/a dull fullness feeling under the left rib/and around my abdominal area after eating any meal and occasionally when I would wake up the next morning. When I was younger, I was a very slow eater as well as drinker. That is why I was questioning the whole esophagus/indigestion deal--because of the above. I had the endoscopy first--just as a process of elimination--found out I had minor gerd was given prevacid--then started having pain in the chest cavity (left side) along with the pain under the left rib (same time) so I thought there was an association between the two. Usually the back pain would radiate to my sides as well---and that would occur usually after eating as well. When my doctor first diagnosed me as ibs--i always associated it with bowel movements "hence the "b" in ibs--but it really deals with the entire digestive system (and the processes)--such as eating/stress and so forth. Been looking up now alternatives to dealing with it (since it is life-long/non cancerous--and probably chronic)--because it does deal with sensitivity to food and how you feel afterward. I am also looking up "neural therapy", probiotic regimen, and a. Nutritional plan (eliminating foods that don't work vs foods that does/through journal)
|