Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

What Do You Think About This ?

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
Hi everyone.
Well got enough nerve up to set up my colonoscopy today. Alittle nervous about it all but I will be relieved to have it over with. I told my husband about making the appointment and he hit the roof. We can't afford any medical bills.(we don't have insurance.) he made me feel guiltyabout going in. I don't know wether to cancel or just do and let him be mad. Help tell me what you think I should do. The doc. And my family have been nagging me to go get this done. My bowel problems are diarehia, blood lots of blood and mucus. This is a daily problem. I stay home alot cause I need to be near a bathroom. Its not fun to shop or do anything cause I am always making sure there is a bathroom close by. I am anemic and my doc. Told me its probably because I am losing so much blood from my bowels. If anyone can tell me if these symptoms are a sign of cancer or crohens disease that is what the Dr. Is suspecting but only the colonoscopy will tell. I hope to hear back from someone soon
thanks ctg
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2006
I think u already know the answer but just need reassurance. Get yourself checked as soon as possible. If it is not cancer (hopefully not) then it might be another disease in the colon. Better safe then sorry
|

replied January 3rd, 2007
Re Dont Know What to Do
tummy scared wrote:
i think u already know the answer but just need reassurance. Get yourself checked as soon as possible. If it is not cancer (hopefully not) then it might be another disease in the colon. Better safe then sorry
I would keep the appt with the Dr...You need to find out for your own frame of mind...If your husband loved u he would support u despite the bills...Your health comes first before the bills...Be safe not sorry
|