Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Ankle Pain 3 Years After Breaking/pinning

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi

newbie here and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

About 3 years ago I fell and couldn't walk with the pain. Had an x-ray, the ankle was broken, hospital said there was 'movement' so I had the operation to pin the ankle back. Loss of movement was 15%/20% per the physio. Anyway everything was ok up till 2 weeks ago. Now if I walk far (about 2 miles to work ) the ankle doesn't feel right - I get sharp stabbing pain in it in some steps to the point where I try to walk 'different'. But this isn't all the time, today it wasn't bad. At work it's a background kind of 'not right'. I'm aware of it.

Any idea's ? I guess I thought when it was fixed, that was it. I didn't expect anything to change 3 years on ie pain ( sometimes ) now when I didn't have any for the previous 3 years. I'm going to see my doctor soon to get a referral hopefully to see what's what. Just any thoughts from anyone welcome :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2009
ankle pain after 3 years after breaking/pinning
some times the pins rust of desinagrat. i would go the the doctors. i broke my ankle 2 years ago and i didnt have to get it pinned and i have constant pain. i need help to got anything?
|
Did you find this post helpful?