Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Brownish/red Discharge At 6 Weeks - Is This Normal?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Christmas day I had light pink spotting and the next few days I had very light brown discharge. I had a few minor cramps too so I called my doctor and she brought me in for my 1st ultrasound on new's years eve. My cervix was closed and there was a heartbeat so everything was fine. However two days after the ultrasound I started discharging heavier. On saturday is was very dark brown almost a deep red and at times I could feel it trickling out. Very minor cramps though nothing severe but i'm still frightened. I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else before I call my doctor again. This is my first pregnancy. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ktaintor
|

replied January 4th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
If the volume was high then I would be concerned but if it was very little I wouldn't worry. Unless it was bright red, associated with major cramping or pains I think you should be fine. But if you are concerned then just call your doctor just to be sure Smile best of luck and congrats on your pregnancy
|

replied January 5th, 2004
I think you should definately go in to get checked just to ease off your mind, I dont want to scare you or anything but I had the same discharge the day before I had my first baby, I called my doctor and she said I was fine and to drink a lot of water but that didnt make me feel any better I still had that bothering me later that day I decided to get checked anyway and went into the er the immediately sent me to the labor and delivery cause I was already 8 months preggo and when they checked me they said I was 2in dialated and that my water had torn!!! I hope I am not scaring you i'm really not trying to I am just sharing an experience, call your doctor again or just go to get checked!!! I hope I helped!!! Bye bye
|

replied January 7th, 2004
Experienced User
If you're only 6 weeks, and there is not any cramping or heavy red blood, I would call the doctor just to be sure, but don't panic. A lot of times you will spot in early pregnancy because you are growing and various tissues are tearing a little and expanding. Especially if the blood is a bit brown, that is normally old blood. Goodluck!
|

replied January 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Your discharge could have been tinted brown because a little old blood was coming out with it. Discharge is very normal and I had a little bit of brown discharge after bleeding when I was pregnant with my son. Anytime you're scared about things like this, just go in to your doctor. That's what they're getting paid for.

I think you're fine, don't worry.
|

replied July 15th, 2009
I started having brownish discharge the day before my first exam appt. I told the dr and she didn't seem like it was a problem. She I would be getting some spotting from the exam, but it seem like a little more than spotting... It is like brown and red with a little clear jelly mixed in... Is this normal... I'm scared about this it is my first and I have a ultosound tomorrow.. Please let me know if you have had anything like this. Also no camping....
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
I am also 6 wks preg with my second child. I went to the doctor yesterday and had my first scan, there is a heartbeat and the doctor said that everything is fine at the moment, brown blood is old blood. I was advised not to have sex until it has calmed down so you may also want to not have sex until it clams down. Ive had slight period type cramps but this can be normal aswell. I was told to take it easy and get plenty of rest. Good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2012
6 weeks pregnant with brown and red discharge.

hi i am 6 weeks pregnant and i have brown discharge and when i wipe is color red. then after 3 hours my panty have color red like a water. so i went to emergency hospital that night with my hubby. then the doctor took me blood test, and urine. then he said every is fine the baby is fine. then after he checked up my belly and he pop smear me. and he said everything is fine no enfiction.. then until now when i wipe my private still have red. and i have appointment of my 1st ultrasounds of early pregnancy this tuesday may, 10/ 2012. i hope my baby will fine. any one experience my situation.?? reply please........please...

Read more: Pregnancy Forum - Brownish/red Discharge At 6 Weeks - Is This Normal? http://pregnancy.ehealthforum.com/health/t opic5927.html#ixzz1zalHGD6I
|

replied June 17th, 2010
27 week pregnant, noticed water discharge.
Respected Doctor,

I am 27 week pregnant, from today(17th June 2010) morning
I noticed, water discharge. So, it my humble request to you and whole member of this forum, that is it normal or harmfull for my Baby. As this is my first pregnancy, I have no such experience. One thing I want to bring in your notice that last 4-5 days, I have am also suffering from cough.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2012
6 weeks pregnant with brown and red discharge.
hi i am 6 weeks pregnant and i have brown discharge and when i wipe is color red. then after 3 hours my panty have color red like a water. so i went to emergency hospital that night with my hubby. then the doctor took me blood test, and urine. then he said every is fine the baby is fine. then after he checked up my belly and he pop smear me. and he said everything is fine no enfiction.. then until now when i wipe my private still have red. and i have appointment of my 1st ultrasounds of early pregnancy this tuesday may, 10/ 2012. i hope my baby will fine. any one experience my situation.?? reply please........please...
|

replied November 13th, 2012
vagina.question
What does it mean if u discharge brown/red from ur vagina, if u were not having a guys private part inserted in u, but the guy was using his fingers down there in the girls vaginas. Then after that u start like spotting then it turns into brownish/ reddish discharge for 3 weeks or more?
|

vagina.question
What does it mean if u discharge brown/red from ur vagina, if u were not having a guys private part inserted in u, but the guy was using his fingers down there in the girls Fagin's. Then after thatch start like spotting then it turns into brownish/ reddish discharge for 3 weeks or more?
|

vagina.question
What does it mean if u discharge brown/red from ur vagina, if u were not having a guys private part inserted in u, but the guy was using his fingers down there in the girls Fagin's. Then after thatch start like spotting then it turns into brownish/ reddish discharge for 3 weeks or more?
|

vagina.question
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile