Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Abortion At 8 Months Pregnant? (Page 1)

My friend is a little over 7 and a half months pregnant. When she first found out that she was pregnant she was going to get an abortion, but changed her mind afterwards. Just a week ago she decided that she was going to have an abortion, next week, at 8 months pregnant! I was confused at first because I thought abortion was only done early in pregnancy. She said that her new doctor was able to abort her 8 month fetus and it was completely legal. I've heard of something about doctors doing this but is it for real? Is this legal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Munoz1226
|

replied January 4th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
No this is certainly not legal at all. Why abort the fetus? That fetus could live outside the womb. My god I cannot beleive im reading this, that is horribly sickening
|

Blah
|

Oh! Megan I didn't take into consideration that laws are different everywhere! Here in canada it is certainly not(bigcaps) legal!!!!!!
|

Experienced User
I cannot believe I actually just read this! I live in arizona and that is so illegal! Why would she wait so long? This is a real person already! If the baby even came a month ago the chances of survival are really great! The baby may have problems, but would probably survive! I agree with megan that you should try your hardest to explain exactly how big her baby already is and that really she is commiting murder! Please try and convince her otherwise! I will pray for this poor baby! Crying or Very sad
|

To me abortion, at any point of pregnancy, is no less than murder. That's a living thing in there! I don't think it even matters about whether it's legal or not.....It's about rights! I think that baby should have at least the chance to live! You definetly should sit down and talk with her!
|

Experienced User
Legal ?
I asked my lawyer and he said, at least in tx is up to 3 months and after that you can't get a abortion, I would wach my "friend" if I was you, she sounds dangerous !!!! Maybe she needs some help to deal with this Confused Idea
|

Experienced User
I dont mean to be rude but people like your friend make me sick Mad . She has a gift from god and she is going to kill it just because she isnt ready. You know how many women would kill to be pregnant and be able to carry their baby to term. I had a miscarriage and it hurt me so bad. Crying or Very sad but god has a plan for everyone.

Chrystal
|

replied January 5th, 2004
Experienced User
I have only one question in 7 and 1/2 months she did not know she was pregnant no discharge farm her breast no missed period no morning sickness no stretching ligaments no kicking nothing something about that does not seem right maybe she knew she was pregnant all along and hid it because I am pretty sure she went up at least on pants size I know she did not think she was going through a stomach virus that long u need to check your friend she needs help my baby isn't even that old in me yet( I am supposed to be six weeks) and I already feel an attachment to it so I think u better pray that god opens her eyes that she not be so darn selfish omg she has one of the greatest gifts on earth and she does not want to give it a chance and I live in florida where the abortion rate is higher than the voting turn out Laughing Laughing and it is certainly not legal
|

replied January 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
They have recently put a ban on partial birth abortions, but I dont' know if it is everywhere. There was a "letter" posted that has been deleted, but what is done is...The woman is put into labor...She delivers everything but the head of her child, and they suck the brain out...Leaving a dead body. Any woman that could do this is sick and deserves to be put in a mental hospital.

Jennifer Evil or Very Mad
|

Experienced User
Some people are sick. Thats the only comment I have....Sick...
|

Experienced User
The girl that asked this question never wrote back. I can't believe someone could do that. I mean, she's made it this far carrying the baby so why not wait one more month and give it away. If she's considering having a partial abortion or whatever she prolly hasn't taken care of herself at all and she's prolly tried doing things to herself to kill the baby. You never know. I can't believe there are people like this in the world and not locked up in a nut house.
|

replied January 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
No it is not legal in the u.S. President bush passed that law....Womens rights people were pissing there pants.....Wahh...If your that late why the hell would you want to get an abortion.....For god sakes people there is adoption.....Excuse my lang.
|

replied January 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Marie,

i guess by now your friend has done or not done it. Either way (& I pray that she didn't commit this murder & how coulds any dr agree to murder this human being at a stage when the baby is totally viable??) she needs help, psychiatric to have even considered aborting a babay at 8 months.

Marie, you as her friend (or even if you're not anymore because of what she did) may also need to see a counsellor as this whole thing must be awfully hard for you too.
|

So Doctors Allow It
Most doctors allow it but there not suppose to do it if your 6 months becuz I had an abortion and its a 2 day working period and it was the most hardest 2 days of my life
|

Especially eHealthy
Marie
Marie,
your "friend" has sever mental problems and is a sick person. Abortion at any stage of the pregnancy is wrong.... But at 8 months..... That is just horrible!
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Sick
That is sick that is all.
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Can we say murder????????????????? Sick really really sick--
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2004
Supporter
Adoption Never Considered?
I have a new niece adopted from russia, and this year a new nephew from here in the states...........My brother and his wife love children, yet can never have any.............They have so many friends who are in the same boat.....There are so many people, good people with loving families that would love to have given this baby a chance. Please, please, any of you out there who consider abortion, please also consider what you could be giving to someone who can't bear their own. I love my niece and nephew as if they were my own......I just don't understand wanting to just throw something away as if it never existed......................
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Ok everyone keeps saying "didnt she know she was pregnant?!" if you all read the first post it will show that yes in fact she did know she was pregnant, and debated abortion but changed her mind or some crap. I dunno its a sick story and it makes me wanna hurt women like that!

~sara~
|
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov