Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Traces of Blood In Urine

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am a 60 year old woman, who has just been told that I have a high trace of blood in my urine ((not visable, to the human eye)) but showed up on a "test strip" I just had done...I hads a hysterectomy over 20 years ago...Has any one, ever had or heard of this?...What could cause it? & is it potentially dangerious? I have a appointment with my regular Dr. On tues, and am "quite nervous"....
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper casey53
|

replied March 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Who told you that you had blood in your urine?

Also did the person say if the blood came from the bladder or from another region?

I know not knowing anything is worse than just about anything the doctor can tell you. I'm in that same boat myself right now. There's a mass sitting between my ovary and uterus that the doctor couldn't get a clear picture of at the ultrasound so I have a biopsy scheduled on mon and I was told it takes two weeks to get the results of that back. The not knowing anything and waiting is killer!!! But I have decided that its not going to change anything if I worry myself sick any more than if I relax and just go about life as usual.

Until your doctor can tell you for certain where the blood is coming from, there's not alot that can be done right now.

If you start feeling a really sharp pain in your shoulder/chest area - get yourself to a hospital as that is a symptom of internal bleeding.
|

replied March 26th, 2006
A doctor told me that it showed up on a "test strip", of my urine, I had taken at a "pre-employment" physical...& he suggested that I make an appointment with my regular dr, which I have done...He didn't say whether it was from the bladder or not...Just that it showed up in the urine
|

replied April 4th, 2006
Experienced User
I was wondering if you had gone to the doctor,yet?? I am going to the doctor on april 10th for my check-up for the female doctor. I get so tense and sometimes postpone it but not this time. I hope all went well!!
|

replied April 4th, 2006
Good Luck
I sure hope that everything is ok. Looking forward to your update!

Sadie
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
I've had quite visible blood in my urine on a couple of occasions, the first time from kidney stones. This time I had no kidney stones, but I had a large amount of blood in my urine and i'm sure that it wasn't from my period (it only happened when I would pee). Does anyone know why this would happen? I've noticed in between my ribcage had a sharp pain after that happened. It makes me wonder if it may be caused by diabetes but i'm not sure because i've never been tested, and I now have no insurance to go to a doctor.
|

replied March 2nd, 2014
blood in urine
hi
can some body tell me ??i ve seen from last 10 days blood in my urine ..and even my periods not come properly .just one drop in a day between 21 feb to 24 feb till now blood come in my urine .sometime pain in my lower back n stomach .what is the reason for that problem ?
|