Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Low Hcg Level?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Can a preg test be neg if my hcg level is low? I was reading a post and she didn't have a sac beacuse of her low hcg level was low. Could that make a preg test neg? Might sound like a stupid question but just wanted to ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cogoli
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It can take up to 3 weeks past missed period to show positive on pregnancy test.
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Really?? Can spotting count as a missed period?
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Pregnancy tests test for hcg. Therefore low hcg would be the cause of a pregancy test not being positive.

How late it is your period? Use fmu when hcg concentration is at it's highest.

Good luck.
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Well I haven't had a normal period in about 3 months. I spot. I swear i've had no need for a tampon in months. I took a test in feb that was neg. Then I took a test mar 19 that was neg. I have a doctors app this coming thursday. I told them I needed to know what was going on with me. But I have almost every sytom you could have. And I don't know if anyone believes in this.. Im kind of if'y about it myself but tarot cards? I had a reading and everything she was talking about was dead on.. And the prego/ very felitle card came up. She was so excited! I just didn't know if it could be coming up neg becasue of the hcg level. But thanks for the luck. What was that stuff u were talking about?
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Fmu = first morning urine.

Good luck at the doctors.
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
So if I didn't do a fmu it could be neg?? Well this brings me to my next question.. Even in the middle of the night I get up and have to go.. Should I take one in the middle of the night when I wake up to go? Or should it be in the morning after I wake up for good? I go almost every 20 mins. But thanks again for the luck I hope I won't need it but thanks anyways and thank u for responding :)
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You need to visit the doctor or planned parenthood, they can answer these questions with a blood pregnancy test and then you will no for sure.

Good luck.
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Even with the blood test, if the levels are truly too low to be picked up with a urine test, they may be too low to register on the blood test as well. This happened to me for two weeks before the hormone levels rose. A doctor or a sonogram can quickly confirm or deny a pregnancy whether you are producing a lot of the hormone or not.
Peace,
jenn
|

replied March 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks sandra that helped some
|

replied February 6th, 2009
hcg level4
I seem to be having 4 level hcg and my period due is one day ahead. Let me know if ia am pregnant
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
micheller
I usually get my period around the 4th of every month, give or take a day or two. In Jan my period was just spotting. Well it is now Feb 23 and I still havn't got my period for Feb. I have taken several prenancy test and all neg. I am going to the dr tomorrow. So if I had a spotted period in Jan, was I pregnant then or did I get pregnant after that? I'm thinking my levels are just low right now. I will find out tomorrow, hopefully. Any advice?
|

replied March 30th, 2010
hcg level
i tested positive with a preg urine test. i had an appointment 4 days ago at the doctors to see my hcg leve. it showed that i was prego! the doc wanted me to come back again to do the hcg blood test again to make sure the hormone is increasing (since it doubles every 2 days). i got back the result today and the doctor told me my hcg level rose, but it's not where it should be and wants to repeat the test again in 2 days... does anyone know if i am still pregnant or did i misscarry, or is taht normal just different from female to female??

very nervous.... please reply
|

replied July 13th, 2011
HCG LEvel

hello I'm 8 weeks and I had blood pregnancy test. the result is 5.030 , The doctor told me I am pregnant but it is very low.

they said it might be ectopic. I don't know I need ultrasound. but they didnt see anything.
|

replied July 14th, 2011
Experienced User
Hey, your HCG level should be doubling in the first few weeks of pregnancy...It's also possible that you aren't as far along as you thought you were. Only ultrasound can tell if they can see the gestational sac and measure the thickness of the lining. If the HCG levels lower, that could mean it is either ectopic or a blight ovum, which is what I had. Did you have just a regular ultrasound or a transvaginal ultrasound?
|

replied August 7th, 2011
hello i will just reply and update to what happened to mine.It seems that i had a very low hcg on my blood test is because I had an infection that they didnt found out sooner. I was not pregnant, but my belly was getting bigger and so I thought I was and I had all the symptoms.

Now with medication I feel a little better.
|

replied August 7th, 2011
hello i will just reply and update to what happened to mine.It seems that i had a very low hcg on my blood test is because I had an infection that they didnt found out sooner. I was not pregnant, but my belly was getting bigger and so I thought I was and I had all the symptoms.

Now with medication I feel a little better.
|

replied August 8th, 2011
Experienced User
Awwww, I'm sorry to hear you weren't pregnant...may I ask what kind of infection it was to cause HCG to be produced?
|
Quick Reply