Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

20 Weeks And Feeling a Lot of Pressure

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 20 weeks and 5 days and I am feel very tight and a lot of pressure in my abdomin. A girl that my sister works with just lost her baby and we were due on or around the same time. And that kinda worried me because of my loss. So I called my doc and they stated that it's normal while I am growing....But it just feels really weird. My stomach feels really heavy and I had a growth spert and am sticking way out there now. No one else thinks so but I can feel it. I am getting where I can't see much of my feet anymore. I can see my toes but that is almost all.

I know that it's just pregnancy and that is the way things happen....But everyone started asking me how far along I am and when I tell them 20 weeks they say "oh my your going to be big" or "wow only 20 weeks" I can't really be that big....Can i??

But now she is moving around in there and it just feels so cute to think that she is just flipping around in there or that she is playing.

I just feel so blah right now and needed to vent.

Genipher
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! That is what we are here for come here anytime, if you have questions, concerns or just want to vent, that is what we are here for but remember, we are not doctors, I totally understand about you being big with being pregnant, my 1st born son weighed 10 lbs 2 oz, I felt so miserable towards the end, I could not get comfortable, my mood swings was horrible, I was no fun at all to be around. Just think, you are only half way.
Good luck to you and yours!
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
sandyallen wrote:
just think, you are only half way.

believe me I do know that I am .O.N.L.Y. 20 weeks....Thanks for the reminder.

Nah I am just joking, I am aware that you guys are not doctors, it just helps to know that there are others that know what I am going thru.

My husband was 10 lbs and 11 oz and like 25 inches long. Do you think that will have an effect on how big my little one is going to be??? God I hope not.

Thanks for the support sandyallen.
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I feel ya about the comments on being huge. People freak when I tell them I have a month and a week left!! They all think my .Dr is wrong!!

Hang in there...You'll make it!

Sarah
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Experienced User
I got this off of a web site, I know your 20 weeks but I think it works for for time too.

Changes in you
at this point of your pregnancy some of your friends and family may say you look like you are carrying twins and others may say way to small for how far along you are in your pregnancy. You need not concern yourself with what they are saying, remember every pregnancy is different, and babies grow at different rates.

That was for 23 weeks. Everyone is different. Some woman are small, some woman are huge. I am not that big, only showing a little and on sunday I will be 25 weeks. I was heavier to start so that can make a difference.

If your real worried, call your doctor.

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Sunflower..
I asked my doctor about the weight thing too. I was 9 lbs and my husband was 10 lbs. The doctor said that the baby will grow based on the mothers size. I am only 5'2" so he said that I will not have a large baby even though my husband and I were both large when we were born. He said once the baby is born, the fathers genes will take over. The doctor said you can also judge how tall you child will be by the size of your husbands feet. My husband has a size so the doctor said we will most likely have a tall child...Even though I am short. Hope all that helps!!

Liz
|

replied March 27th, 2006
Experienced User
With me, i'm about 5'8 & i'm bearly showing @ all for 19 weeks..
I went to the dr the other day & they said the reason why was b/c I was kinda tall..On my sonogram there is a spot on top that says 17.3 cm is that how long he is? If that's correct he's going to be a long fellow :)
|

replied March 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well I am only 5 feet tall so maybe my skoot will be tiny...Not too tiny though...I am just really feeling really large at this time, with my last baby I just popped out at like 24 weeks and looked huge. But at the same time I was retaining water like there wasn't going to be any left tomorrow. It was crazy. I gained like 30 lbs in 5 days because the fluids that they were piping thru me weren't going out.

My doc says that is why I am getting bigger quicker, I have only gained 5 lbs but I guess it's all in my stomach. I know that my appt on the 5th will be a lot more.

I did call my doc about the pressure as posted in the origional post, and he wasn't too concerned about it. Since that post my stomach doesn't feel so much pressure. Phew. I feel like I can breath now.

Thanks for all your advice....I am just not feeling too pretty right now and it's hard having my husband that used to show me a lot of attention is just kinda now sluffing me off, and not being to attentive to me.....That is the hardest part of all of this. He just tells me that he is worried about loosing this one too. But so am i....And I need him to be there (i am so used to him being there for me to talk to and now he isn't, I thinkt hat this is the hardest thing being alone.) he is a good guy just dealing with this the wrong way...Even though we have been told things are perfect with the baby, he still doesn't believe it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post.

Genipher
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hey, no problem. :lol: i've had that pressure thing before my doc said it's just bloating. She says it helps to not drink soda and to switch to low sodium foods. But then again maybe the pressure that you felt wasn't bloating, I don't know. If your doc isn't worried about it, then I wouldn't be. :lol: I think that me and you need a relaxation class... :wink:
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: 20 Weeks And Feeling a Lot of Pressure
You're always going to have people tell you that you either appear to be too small or too large in the belly. The only opinion that matters is your dr's when you get measured. For instance, if you're 25 weeks, then you "should" measure 25 cm from the top of your pubic area to the top of your uterus. You can measure plus or minus 2 cm from the week of gestation aka again, if you're 25 weeks you can measure 23 cm or 27 cm and be normal.

Really, don't rely on insensitive comments like that. They're based on nothing.
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
U'r too sweet, I love my belly. I love the baby in the belly and I know that my baby is growing and I am growing with her. My little amelia is beautiful and I don't mind getting bigger. I feel huge and having people telling me that I am huge just kinda hurts. You know? I don't like other people looking at my tummy and judging my size.

I just love my little baby to no extent and I dont' think that my heart could handle anymore love for her. I just don't want the coments and wispers.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
People are really insensitive...Not to mention idiotic. Seriously, just ignore them. Most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about anyway. I went out yesterday and most people were staring at me like I was about to go into labor at any second. Several people actually made that comment to me. Crikey!! I've still got 7 weeks and 3 days to go. :x
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I know they are....People just really don't care.....I just want people to leave me and my belly alone (unless I ask for attention.) all old people dont' say bad things just want to touch. Oh well, I dont' take anything anyone says to heart anymore.

Anyway, you are doing good? Feeling well?

Not long now for you. Yay
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yeah i'm doing pretty well... Loving the fact that it's getting closer and closer to zero hour and I can see my m&m :p. Just teasing you. :lol: you were talking about people touching the belly, I hate when people touch the belly. Only .C.L.O.S.E friends and .C.L.O.S.E family. Anyone else is liable to have their hands chopped off... :twisted:
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Oh yeah I agree.....No need to rub it in.....About your little m&m being her. I still have 19 weeks to go....Well actually I have 17 more weeks to go because she will be here early.

Hey have you read the post in the teen forum about the young girl wanting to leave her baby with a stitter while she @ 17 wants to go out and get drunk all night???? We can't wait to see our babies and get to bewith them but she is pulling the I want to go out and i'll do what I want thing and it's just frusterating me to no end. Just take a peak at the last few pages.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Sucks, doesn't it? I mean there are a lot of us here w/problems (fertility issues, repeat miscarriages) dying to have our babies and these little girls pop 'em out and want to leave them. Hardly seems fair.
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Doesn't it???? I can't wait for my baby and don't know if i'll ever go out again, but I do know that if I do....I'll be leaving my baby with my mom or sister and I sure as hell would miss her too much to stay out all night. But these little girls dont' care. I am just glad that I can have my little one after loosing my last one. God, I am glad I dont' know her in person.

Grrrrr
|