Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Lump Behind My Ear (Page 1)

I woke up 3 days ago with a lump behind my left upper ear its a size of a quarter and very painful it seems to be little bit red but not much and sometimes itches. It was so painful that I had to take tylenol, and when I touch it is worse. I hade some pennisilin in the house from a previos tooth infection so I started taking it yesterday I think its helping because I dont fill pain as much, only when I touch it now. Does anyone know what this is??? Im scared to go to the doctor plus I dont have insurance.... Thank you so much...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper danifix
|

replied July 29th, 2007
I have the save the same problem..i found a tiny bump behind my left ear last night and it hurts..and this morning i found another near my gland area by my throat. so i took some advil. I too do not have insurance. I read other sites and they said that is a gland..and you are probalby fight a bug and are run down and are stressed. let me know what you found out
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
shorty34334 wrote:
I have the save the same problem..i found a tiny bump behind my left ear last night and it hurts..and this morning i found another near my gland area by my throat. so i took some advil. I too do not have insurance. I read other sites and they said that is a gland..and you are probalby fight a bug and are run down and are stressed. let me know what you found out

You both probably have sebaceous cysts that usually appear like soft, symmetrical bumps near the hair line, neck, skull. This is not serious and you can get rid of them if you visit dermatologist.
|

replied January 15th, 2008
my poor daughter
my 5 year old daughter has had a lump in her neck for a few months now that is getting larger by the day. it is now 4-5 inch. and extends from behind her ear down to almost her collar bone and comes off her neck about 1 inch. she complain about severe pain in her neck and that is it. i have taken her in to see a doctor twice and they tell me she has an ear infection but she never complains about anything but her neck. i am very concerned and think that it could be a bigger problem, and get discouraged every time i take her in because they always pawn the problem off as an ear infection after looking at her for only about 1 minute. please tell me what i can do so that my baby does not have to suffer any longer.
|

replied January 19th, 2009
answer
wat u do is u tell the dockter to check her for thyroid problems and if they refuse you tell them that u want it done because its your daughters health at risk
|

replied February 11th, 2009
Hard medium size lump behind ear
I found a medium sized lump between my ear and the hairline, a day later i noticed i have another one about a cm into my hairline feels smaller but both lumps are hard and not soft like the lumps i have read about above. They also dont hurt to touch but i do get a weird sensation when i do touch it but not painfull. I am very worried what this could be.
|

replied March 15th, 2009
hey , Am jessia 13 ,I discovered a lump near my ear 3 mounths ago and i went to the DR.and he said it was an infection and give me antibiotics,wen i had finihd my daily dose ,a couple of mounths after ifelt there and it was still there ??IS IT CANCER??? ??WAT DO IDO??..Itss hard andd wont move ,andd nott painful!!!helpp me Please!!
|

replied June 27th, 2012
Hey, I'm Nikki. I'm 13 and this happened to me, too. Or, is happening. I noticed the lump behind my ear 6 months ago, and told my mom. She said that it should go away in a few days.It didn't go away. I told her again a few months later. Same reply. I noticed it did not go away or change in size (well, as far as i can tell). Mom will not take me to a doctor, and my friend thinks it's a tumor. Do you know if that's true, being that you posted this 3 years ago?
|

replied April 1st, 2009
TO LUVLINES26
Please please have your daughter checked, i've experienced the same problem, i discovered a lump in my throat, i had an ultrasound done which showed a tumor on my thyriod, i then had a biopsy which came back negative, but i know that i was have health issues and insteaded on second biopsy which came back negative again, the doctors said just leave it alone but i could feel that the lump had increased in size and insteaded on having the lump removed, after the surgury i was told it was cancer of the thyriod and the entire thyriod had to be removed not only that but they discovered that there was four lumps 2 that were 4cm and the there 2 were about 2-2.5 cm big these tumor were not discovered on the ultrasound,and i had radition and after a year was recovering only to rediscover more growth in ther same area and again i had surgery which was 8.5 hours long and this time they removed over 28 lumps of all sizes, anything that looks cancerous they removed, and again i had radition and this past dec again the tests didn't look good and again i had radition to kill off any cancer there might be growing, this has been a five year ordeal for me, and now i've discovered a lump behind my right ear which is why i was reading the blogs on this sight and now again i will instead on more tests, i know that if i hadn't insteaded over and over again the first surgery and the second surgery never would have happened and i would most likeily be dead because the tests were wrong but i knew that i am not well and wanted answers, you luvline26 please instead over and over until you have some answers cause the doctors wouldn't fight for your daughter and you have to fight for your daughter, i'm sorry if i've scared you with my story but i just had to let you know that i think that your daughter's story seems similar to what i had, i'll pray for your daughter's good health.
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Hey i found a lump on my neck 3 days ago, it's really painfull when i move and i have started to get head aches to. does any one know what it is it feels kindo hard but if i tought it is's soar.
|

replied April 30th, 2009
I also found a strange lump hat is under the skin on the bottom left side of my head. It is right on the bone of the skull and was tender. I was also reading some of the blogs and am worried too. I am going to my doctor tomorrow and I will let you know what I am told. I have also been having sweating when I am sleeping and have never had this before I wonder if its related. Either way I am going to the doctor becasue I am very worried.
|

replied July 27th, 2009
Neck lump
Hi! every one of you, years back my neck was hurting and I found a lump it scare me, I went to my doctor I told him I want it remove and I had surgery and when they cut the lump they found another lump under. for my relief the test came benign it has been over 10 years and have no more lumps.

AZ
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Painful lump behind ear
Hi everyone lumped together....lol I found a hard painful lump behind my right ear a couple of nights ago, at first it freaked me out, but then I stopped worrying about it until tonight, I started thinking that it may have something to do with me having the right side and middle part of my thyroid removed....could it be the result of that and should I be worrying about it? I had the surgery about 3 and half years ago and I have also had significant weight gain but have had my thyroid tested, and they said that my left side of my thyroid is working fine.....I am just a little concerned at this time. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I am all ears and then some = )
|

replied December 6th, 2009
I found a lump like a week ago it is red and hurts only when i touch it. i thought it was just a zit or somthing but reading these blogs has made me worried. but it is diffrent from the ones described here ... it is in the FRONT of my right ear. what should i do? is just a zit? should i wait and see if it goes away or have it checkd out ?
|

replied February 11th, 2010
Bump behind ear........been there for months
I've been dating the same man for about 8 months. He's had a lump behing his ear that he's been picking and squeezing at (not infront of me....I yell at him) for as long as I've known him. Just the other day he ended up in the hospital because the lump became infected and he got seriously sick. He now is wating for the antibiotics to take effect, and the ear doctor has given him no diagnosis. I've read different things and I worry what it could be......any ideas?
|

replied March 1st, 2010
possible infection.
i as well woke up this morning with a tender lump behind my left ear, just the other day i got my ear pierced so im thinking it might be a infection behind my ear. only that reading these blogs has got me worried. my mother had thyroide and its not normal the pain has spreaded to my jaw and the back of my head. if anyone can help me out and tell me what they think it might be.
|

replied March 1st, 2010
possible infection.
i as well woke up this morning with a tender lump behind my left ear, just the other day i got my ear pierced so im thinking it might be a infection behind my ear. only that reading these blogs has got me worried. my mother had thyroide and its not normal the pain has spreaded to my jaw and the back of my head. if anyone can help me out and tell me what they think it might be.
|

replied March 1st, 2010
possible infection.
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
lump or bone behind ears
i have the same problem lump behind of my ears for almost 10 yrs.It is not painful or redness.It is hard like bone on the back of my ears.I ignore for many yrs but now i realized it become bigger.i would like to go to doctor for check up but i don't know what kind of doctor need to go.is somebody can give me idea what kind of doctor?
|

replied March 8th, 2010
ummmmmmm i been havin a bump behind my ear for like 3 or 4 years now. i got i checked out a while ago and my doctor said it was extra cartilage. it was fine until a couple days ago. it hurt and i asked my ma to take me back to the doc to get it checked out and im gettin ignored. what should i do
|

replied August 15th, 2010
any help ear nodes?
Anyone ever tell what happens, do you go to the doc? I am having similiar sit after dental work...any help out there???
|

replied July 18th, 2011
lump
i have had a lump on the top of my ear for about 6 weeks now, nothing comes out of this lump,scabs over, but now waking me up at night if i have been laying on that side for a while. Did go to GP this morning and she took 4 photos of it, didnt really say what it was? gave me some fucibet cream to use up to 4 times a day. if no better in a week go back, im worried it may be cancer?? or am i barking up the wrong tree? any ideas
|

replied July 18th, 2011
lump
i have had a lump on the top of my ear for about 6 weeks now, nothing comes out of this lump,scabs over, but now waking me up at night if i have been laying on that side for a while. Did go to GP this morning and she took 4 photos of it, didnt really say what it was? gave me some fucibet cream to use up to 4 times a day. if no better in a week go back, im worried it may be cancer?? or am i barking up the wrong tree? any ideas
|
12 >>