Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Being Hit In the Nose, Fairly Hard.

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have sort of an odd question and i'm not sure if this is the right forum for it or not, but here it goes.

In the near future, i'll be filming a movie where I get hit in the nose, hard enough that it starts bleeding (sounds crazy, I know). Basically, I was wondering if permenant damage can result from such a bleeding? It didn't seem to me like it would be a problem since people hit their noses on things all the time, but I thought I should play it on the semi safe side and see what people thought about it.

Thanks for your time!

Ps. It would take way to long to explain why exactly im letting someone hit me in the nose, so for the sake of discussion, just assume I have a legitamit reason. 8)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 28th, 2006
No one knows? Or has any thoughts or information at all?! Come on!!! Throw something out!
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I don't know that the bleeding would be the problem - I think the problem would be the force used to create the bleeding. If your nose breaks, then yes there could be some permanent damage.
|

replied March 28th, 2006
But, if it doesn't break, then it's not likely that any permenant injury will result?
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Experienced User
You can get internal bleeding in your head.... So ya, thats pretty stupid thing to do---use ketchup or something.,. Jeez
|

replied March 28th, 2006
This "internal bleeding" you speak of...How likely is it to occur? What about the severity of it? Is it likely that if such bleeding occurs, that it will be a severe hazard to me? Ketchup is not really an option, but I appreciate your concern for my safety, and your insightful evaluation of what im trying to do.
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Experienced User
...Its i.N.T.E.R.N.A.L .B.L.E.E.D.I.N.G!!!! Obviously it isn't something to take lightly...Do your own research on it. I just know of 2 ppl that got into fights/fell and this happened to them and they were both in the hospital for a long time
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Hmm, that doesn't sound like much fun. I wonder how likely it is for bleeding this severe to occur. If it is fairly likely, then I will obviously not attempt this. I can remember atleast a dozen times as a child accidentally hitting my nose on something, and having it start to bleed profusely. To my knowledge, this caused no permenant or lasting damage to my nose. It's this sort of thing that I was hoping I could accomplish with the utmost minimal risk. Anyone else have any information about the probability of sustaining serious damage from this kind of thing?
|

replied October 21st, 2010
I know that i hit my nose yesterday, elbow to the face. There was slight bleeding nothing SERIOUS but i now have a bruised face, and it hurts quite a bit. My nose was not broken but i was told the swelling and bruise will last a few days. It does not take ALOT of force to cause bleeding, so whatever you are trying to start out too HARD because it will not take very much your nose if very sensitive. But be VERY prepared for PAIN.
|
Tags: nose, ear, nose throat
Quick Reply