Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Stomach :(

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Kinda long story but i'll be short, I had a four wheeler accident before my freshman year and was unconscience for a while. I went to the hospital and everything checked out, just a concusion. About 2 months later I was taken to the hospital for severe stomach pain and since then everything has gone to hell. They said I was fine but 8 operations and 1000 pills later I am still in great pain. They say I have acid reflux disease and they assume I have irritable bowel syndrom. My problem-- for the most part I can last through a regular day. 100% of the time when I wake up I feel stomach pain. My real question is about once a month I get an extremely bad stomach pain in which I undergo a type of diarrhea. This is the worse pain ever and it makes me scream like hell. This happens regularly without warning, and I have tried everything to stop it. Doctor has no idea what it is or what causes it. I tried taking more fiber and everything I can think of. I have been through every type of exploratory surgery and colon / intestine operation known to man. I just dont know what to do and its been 3 years and nothing. Anything advice is greatly appriciated. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Stomach Pain
So where does your stomach hurt? Have you taken down a food log to see if it is a certain type of food that is causing it? Doctors can run all the tests known to man, but only you know your own body and how it reacts to certain foods. Wheat, milk, lactose, high fructose corn syrup, all of these things can contribute to stomach pains. Does your pain go away with the diarrhea? Sometimes gas can cause extreme pain. My sis has even visited the emergency room for gas pains thinking it was something else.
I am no doctor. I am only an individual who is undergoing a series of tests right now to diagnose my month and a half-long stomach pain/diarrhea problems and what I wrote above is what I have learned on my own.
I would try to keep a food log if you haven't already.
Hope you get to feeling better soon. I am sorry you are going through this.
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Re
Thanks, it hurts real low down (a couple inches bellow my waist) and as far as I know about food its really hard to tell what causes it due to its complete randomness, I do know lactose hurts me so I stay far from it. And as far as the gas goes that is a large contributor to the pain but I dont know how to stop that. After the diarrhea goes away the pain mostly does but almost instantly fall asleep.
|

replied March 24th, 2006
This is going to sound dumb, but are you male or female?
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Anonymous
Re
Male
|