Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Any Good Reports On Taking Naproxin?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi, my doctor gave me naproxin due to my painful periods, I am falling out with my female organs, so he told me that it was up to me, he said it was my choice to make, he said I can live with it or decide to have it done whenever I got ready to let him know, it will be a virginal hysterectomy, im really scared because ive read some woman having some pain on their left or their right sides, and they have said that they have some bult up infection since like 3 or more months of their surgery. But I am falling out my bladder has fallen and my uretha has fallen too. And he said he would fix that and tack it up for me, but then again I dont want any complacations later down the road, I am 34 years old, so I want to make the right decision, so please I need some advice from you ladies. What would you do?, thats from hotty. :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2006
Supporter
Hi
Hey girl, naproxen is nothing more than taking a high powered aleve.......They work about as well to me as taking 6 mortin! As for getting a vaginal hyst. Is there any way you could get a second opinion from maybe another obgyn? Too many medical mds are quick to want to "get it all out"........I did have a step daughter who had a vaginal hyst, last year. She had no problems. Shes a big boned girl. She'd had bleeding and problems before having this, but now she says she's great. You sound all shook up and worried, this is why I said, if it were me, i'd at least look into getting another opinion, instead of just going by what this first md says...Hope this has helped you! Keep us posted!
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
You're having a prolapse? That's pretty serious, especially if other internal organs are being displaced. I don't think complications could get much worse than all of your internal organs falling out of your vagina. ;)

if you're worried, ask around about effective alternative surgeries.
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hotty, here is a website where you can get tons of advice and support/information about this.

Hystersisters

good luck. A second opinion is never bad!
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Hey
Oh thank you so much for your advice everyone, my doctor is the best obgyn, he delivered both of my kids , my boy is 12 and my girl is almost 5 , and hes the best and I really trust him alot, he been a doctor about 25 years so, I have my totel faith in him and no worries after the fact. My oldest which is 12, he weighed 10 pounds and when he delivered him and when he came out, my uterus would close, so he had to reach inside me to tie it off, he told me I was one of these ladies that back in the old wagon days they bled to death, and that I was a example, hes an awsome doctor and hes knows what he is doing, he has like 4 clinics of his own and of course with other doctors in the same building, and when you here that you know hes got to be really good, and he is, with this happeneing to me this is a really big step for me, and im sure all the ladies here know what im talking about and has been through it. Thanks so much from hotty. :wink:
|