Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Never Feel Good Waking Up

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Its been along time since I woke up and got out of bed saying dam I feel good today. I dont know why. I guess its the thoughts in my mind that something is wrong with me. I keep thinking I have cancer or a brain anuerysum. I just want to feel good when I wake up. Anybody else feel this way in the morning?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Yep I do. I am going through a bad anxiety period right now and about 5 minutes after I wake up I get that doom feeling over me. The past couple days it has gone away quickly but the past couple weeks I would have it for hours on end and I would need to call and talk to someone to calm down or take a lorazepam.

It sucks, I know. I have been through 3 bad anxiety periods over 3 years. They usually last a couple months for me. Just hang tough.
|

replied April 6th, 2006
These past few weeks i've been waking up feeling positive and happy but I can completely understand the feeling of waking up and feeling this strong feeling of depression, vulnerability, desperation (in my case) because of this persistant anxiety that has been in my life for years. I'm 16 and I know I shouldn't be feeling like that.
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! Talk to your dr about this, as it will probably get worse until you seek treatment for this and remember, you are not alone!
Keep us posted!
|

replied April 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I've been on lexapro for about 5 months now for my anxiety. I've seen a difference, but some of the thoughts are still their sometimes
|

replied January 8th, 2010
Im Crazy Too
Hey man I have it too. I am 18, very handsome, my parents have a lot of money, i have my own nice apartment in Miami i have a motorcycle two amazing dogs a sports car, pretty much everything material. Yet with all these material things (besides loving doggies) i still have your same problem. In the past year to year and a half i have not had a single day waking up feeling good. it sucks and no doctors have any answers. their technology has yet to figure this disease out and it sucks really bad. I feel like i would rather have cancer than this because they can acctually get rid of cancer but this is not life threatening(but it does feel that way) and it suckkkks bad. Its all mental and noone can help you but yourself you have to find yourself deep down and find what your meaning is here on planet earth, find out what makes you feel good and find out whatever it takes to get out of this rare depression-like mental disorder. People live their whole lives like this and dont get over it they are the 50 year old guys with no wife no children and go to the hospital every week with something new thinking there gunna die from it. Honestly think to yourself and say do you want to be like that and tell yourself that you will do everything and anything it takes to start feeling good again
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
I have felt the way you do all my life since my early teens and am now "old", 50+. I stayed in a horribly abusive marriage for 26 years because the worse things got with hubby the worse I felt, and the worse I felt the harder it was to think I could make any changes to feel better. Now after divorce and finding a therapist that actually listens to me without chastising and criticism, I find I have moments, maybe a day or two where I feel good and like there is hope for a happy, normal life. What really made was to find the therapist that fits me, that allows my feelings to be real and honest without trying to change them. Saying things outloud and having someone else shake their head in understanding instead of telling me to ignore or forget or I'm wrong has made all of the difference in my ability to heal and get better so I can make the changes in my mind and my life to have hope for a better future. The secret is finding that person who will listen to you without criticizing, like unconditional love, believing that what you say and feel is true and real. Don't stay stuck in this depressive way of thinking and living, get the help now that gives you the long happy life that everyone deserves. Don't wait till your old like me and have less time left. Be able to look back over your life and see it as a happy one instead of one where you have endured these depressed feelings and not been able get rid of them or push your way through life with them.
|

replied April 21st, 2010
WAKING UP FEELING LIKE GARBAGE
Yes i have the same problem, i always feel like garbage especially when waking up, they cant find a problem, but i think there is something wrong, but after 8 years if something was wrong i would have been dead by now...correct. anxiety is a very powerful when your nerves are out of control it can make you feel horrible...did this help...write me! thanks vb
|

replied July 24th, 2011
Me to
i also wake up feeling like crap! It sucks i honestly belive something is wrong with me. since i was 18 it seems to have gradually gotten worse. i am now 22 almost 23 and it effects my way of life. feel like I cant to anything people my age are doin. seems like every time someone asks me to to do something i gotta think about how i feel which never turns out good. I sometimes go anyways but never really enjoy myself because of this. just waitin for health insuranace to kick in so i can hopefully get on with life. Its sad because I already feel llike Iv'e missed so much of it. Thanx for listening
|

replied July 28th, 2011
I had struggles with anxiety since i was about 20,I'm now 46,they come and go with 2 to 3 years between they last a month to months symptoms of feelig like i cant get enough air feeling like i'm goung to pass out,flipping heart,fatigue,muscle weakness,scariest of all ,waking up with heart racing drained of energy,called the ambulance once because i felt so crappy,i would wake up like this everymorning,sometimes what would bring this on is waking up and feeling the need to stretch and when i did my heart would start racing,and drained of energy,had lots of tests done,all came down to stress anxiety.sympyoms are coming back again after couple of years,and there is alot of stress in my life right now.
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Anxiety and Depression
@Juby - You could have been me writing that response. I had daily anxiety attacks. I still sometimes have them, but medication helped. OP, see your doctor. Ask to be screened for depression and anxiety. Anyone who thinks this is not a real disease/medical issue has never had a panic attack. Feels very much like a heart attack. Get more exercise! Drink less caffeine and find a hobby or outlet to keep yourself distracted. I joined a martial arts class. I still don't feel good all the time, but I have some days where I am happy and calm. You are not alone!
|

replied September 11th, 2011
@quoting : It could be something other than anxiety causing this...something as basic as sleep apnea...hard to say without knowing you or your history, but certainly not getting enough oxygen at night causes anxiety and a sensation of not feeling rested...Everyone else in this thread seems to relate to your post in terms of anxiety effecting their ability to sleep, but just your wording made me wonder if your symptoms might be caused by something outside of the psych spectrum...Good luck!
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
Panic attacks and anxiety get better when there is someone to talk to that allows you to let out any and every experience and feeling no matter what it is. My person is a therapist that fits me perfectly. I didn't see how it would make a difference, but I can look back several months and see a huge difference. Everyone needs that safe person or persons to talk to. The lucky person has friends and family that allow that, but a good therapist is also a great prescription for my mental health. I have been panic attack free for several months now after many, many years with them (I'm old, over 50). Find that person or group of people. I'm living proof that it works and I was very skeptical in the beginning.
|