Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Pityriasis Rosea

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi everyone,
i am new to this forum and am a 28 year old female and was recently diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. I think I have had it for about 8 days. I think that the "herald patch" appeared about 9 days ago and I now have roughly 45 spots between my waist and neck. My primary-care physician told me that there was nothing I could do to prevent the spread of it and I had to let it "run it's course." however, my derm. Prescribed me 7 days of erythromycen (which I only took for one day because it made me feel ill)....In addition, I avoid oral antibiotics as much as possible.
Has anyone had any luck with alternative therapies specific to pityriasis rosea? Can anyone recommend a good alternative practicioner in nyc?
In addition my husband has had an infection in his eyelid for about 1 month now. The doctor said it was an infected sty, however it has still not cleared up. Could this be related to pr?
I have a ton of weddings to go to beginning in 5 weeks and am very concerned about my skin! Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2012
Pityriasis rosea
I had pityriasis rosea and my doctor prescribed Intraconazole one a day. I also used a cream Eurax to stop the horribe itching of the red patches. I also changed my washing powder - just in case.

Since the symptoms look like other the doctor asked me to follow up.
The meds worked - Gone in a week and cleared in 15days. I used Aveeno skin relief and sleep with temperature low and heat aggravated it.
Follow up was to use Selsun Blue shampoo on body for ten minutes and shower (twice a week). Excellent physician

Good Luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?