Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Abcessed Tooth

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
Hi i'm really concerned about this teeth situation , I had abroken tooth that decided to go bad over new years. I am on keflex, swellings going down but I feel just awful, i'm suppose to get all my teeth (just about) pulled and new ones made next week,i'd waited till after the new year when there was little going on, should I make an apt with the dentist or the Dr.?I guess I need some pain meds now to , my head ach just strted again. I have a bad habit of avoiding the dr office (and the dentist!)i still havent heard from the drs about my last test. He was todo an ana test. Holidays seem too slow down things. I really feel bad ..Very tired too I hope your feeling better yourself lady brannon... I ;ve been watching your situation and I 've remembered you in my prayers ...Love lily
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Karl

i would most certainly follow-up with your dentist.

The antibiotics will reduce the infection, which is good, but there is no substitute for either removing the offending tooth or the dentist starting a series of endo treatments on the tooth.

Whilst many people prefer to avoid the dentists office the consequence is increased discomfort each time the tooth flares up.

Your headaches will continue until the tooth radiating the pain is delt with.

Mike
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile