Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Why is the Head of my Penis Red and Blotchy?...the Skin is S

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
hi,
my name is wayne and im just wondering why the head of my penis is blochty and red it has started pealing the skin of the head of my penis i have not been circacized its not painful or sore in any way it just itchys every now and then is this anythink to worry about or is it just friction burns?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2006
Sexual Health - Men Answer A659
You are most likely experiencing inflammation of the head of the penis and the skin above it (balanopostitis). Possible causes for this inflammation could be infection, allergy, mechanical trauma (friction), or combinations of all three. You can immediately visit your doctor to diagnose the cause and to begin treatment. Anti-inflammatory and local antiseptic treatment can prove most helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.