Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Managing Depression, Self-harm, Suicidal Thoughts, Psychosis

Must Read
Understanding the process of aging and its effects on the body can help us protect our health. But what is aging? And what can we expect as we age?...
Learn how genetics and time play a role in the aging process. Plus, information on how to avoid certain risk factors of aging and how to have a long life here....
The body deteriorates over time. But which systems are affected and how? We take a look at effects of aging on different processes and causes here....
Have had a depressive disorder for over 14 years which includes severe depression, self-harming, psychotic and suicidal thoughts. Have learnt to manage these through a mix of medication, self-coping strategies, talking and support from family and friends. As a result I now lead a pretty boring normal life with just the odd blip. Am not claiming to be an expert or anything like that - I only have the expertise of my own experiences but at the cairn we now write and advise on mental illness awareness. We have a site - Thecairn - if it is of any interest or help - hope it makes people feel less isolated as they face their challenges.

Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
|