Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Stomach Pain During Sex (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I posted this in the doctor question but I want to know if anyone else experiences this. During any type of deep penetration (anything but me laying flat on the bed in missionary) I experience this uncomfortable, dull pain in my lower abdmonen. Its not enough to stop me from having sex but it takes the pleasure and enjoyment out of it.
It is more painful if I am on top and I try sitting straight up on him. At first I thought he was hitting my crevix but its more centered in the stomach and it can vary depending on where I am in my monthly cycle.
Has anyone else had stomach pains during sex and know what it can be caused by?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lindzeb
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Quick question about this...Has this happened before with other guys or by yourself with toys? Maybe he's just large and you'll have to get one of those c*ck pillows that prevents him from going in that far?

I'm not sure otherwise.
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
That can be a symptom of chlyamdia. Probably woulnd't be a bad idea to go to the doctor and get checked out.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Stomach Pain During Sex
munky23 wrote:
i posted this in the doctor question but I want to know if anyone else experiences this. During any type of deep penetration (anything but me laying flat on the bed in missionary) I experience this uncomfortable, dull pain in my lower abdmonen. Its not enough to stop me from having sex but it takes the pleasure and enjoyment out of it.

It is more painful if I am on top and I try sitting straight up on him. At first I thought he was hitting my crevix but its more centered in the stomach and it can vary depending on where I am in my monthly cycle.

Has anyone else had stomach pains during sex and know what it can be caused by?

i've had the same problem..It is more on my right side though ..And realyl really hurts when we do doggie style...I asked my gyno and she said its either because my partner is to big or ..Like you said he is hitting your cervix..Mine is very very painful ..Almost to where I dont want to have sex anymore..But the weird thing is ..It doesnt happen everytime we have sex...I have been tested for std's and came out neg...So maybe you should get a appt with your gyno ...Just to be safe...
|

replied September 13th, 2012
abdominal pain during intrcourse
i had this pain when i had kidney stones....it was difficult to me to have sex and the abdominal pain use to increase so much if i tried having sex that i use to cry aloud like a child...you should also check for stones coz they also cause such pain....
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
Same!
I have this exact same thing-it's SO painful, did you get any further in finding out what it is? Or a way of making it more comfortable?? Thanks
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Well guys everything you said isn't possible.
First he is the only guy i've ever been with.
He isn't too big (average size in width and length)
i don't have any std's (i've been to the gyno recently and he was tested before we started having sex)

i figured (as jillian said) it has to do with my cervix. I read its possible to have a tilted cervix. When I did go to the gyno she had a really hard time finding my cervix so I was thinking that might be it.
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
There is an infection that mimics chlamidia (i think I totally misspelled that). Anyhow its a bacterial infection thats caused by using perfumed lotions, powder, soap, etc in the vaginal area. I found out the hard way about it about ten years ago when a guy grabbed hand lotion to use as lubricant in the dark.

If the pain was going on before you went to the gyno, they would have picked up on the bacterial infection if thats what it had been.

Have you tried other positions to see if its the way he enters or even his weight pressing on a you that causes the pain.
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Hello, i've had the same problem!! There has been times were I had to stop, because it hurts really bad. When its the most painful is around that time of the month, but before the period. My gyno told me it can be a number of things, I was tested for every std, they were all neg. He told me, after months of seeing him, that I have endometriosis. But not bad enough to make me infertile. I've seen four different gyno's but they all said they couldn't find why it hurt in that way. I asked about the size of the man and if that had anything to do with it. They told me only if he was extremely large, women are able to stretch and it shouldn't hurt inside like your utters are being pushed up!!!
Do you have painful periods?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
It could be gas???
|

replied March 24th, 2006
It's not gas, but that would be funny!! Lol
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks girls, thats helping some more.
No its not gas either...Sorry lol.

I'm thinking it must be bacterial infection or endometritis.
Since my doctor found nothing wrong with me to cause painful sex.
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Lol,just a guess! :)
|

replied March 20th, 2008
i have the same prblem
i am a 33 year old female with a 11 year old and a 3 year old. i am recently divorced and have a new sexual partner. just found out i have hpv. never had pain during sex with my ex but he was small in size compared to my new boyfriend. i have pain sometimes during sex in my lower stomach. i wonder if it is becuase of his size or if the hpv has anything to do with it. it is not all the time though.
|

replied March 26th, 2008
same problem
i have the exact same problem and was coming on to this site to see if i could find some answers. if any1 finds some serious answers and could put them up.
|

replied March 26th, 2008
i have the same problem and frm wat ive read i think it is just the penis hitting the cervix - that is if it only hurts sometimes and in different positions.
|

replied March 26th, 2008
Stomach pain during sex
Hi,
i've had a similar problem twice in my sexual experiences in one case the guy was large and in the second case he was long. In both cases it was mainly in the doggy postion where I experienced the pain and to the extent that we had to stop and change positions, which is a shame as love that postion. i have had all the check ups and my doctors have assured me that it is purely down to the differences in anatomy and I have not had any problems with other partners I have had.
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2008
Experienced User
Hey, I sometimes get a pain in my stomach, but if I get it it usually comes just after we finish, and lasts until I get to sleep. I dunno if that's the same thing, but I figured I was just in an awkward position that put a lot of strain on my stomach :/
|

replied June 18th, 2008
This may help
Hey ladies,

I have had the same problem, not all the time but randomly. Tonight, it hurt so much more then normal. Like I was being stabbed in the stomach.

I found this article though and I think it gave me the answer to my problem.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/you/healthy/se x/b/belly-pain-during-sex

Just to quote: "Before ovulation, your ovaries may be slightly tender," she explains. "Having sex may jostle them, causing a sharp pain."'

I am pretty sure this is my problem since I am ovulating. Hope this helps some of you too.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2008
I've had this problem a few times, but very mildly and only in certain positions, like doggy style and when I was on top sitting straight up. I don't have any STD's and always figured it was just the positioning of things because it stopped when we changed positions.
|

replied December 21st, 2008
hey guys, i'm a male and i've noticed that a lot of the girls i have intercourse with have lower abdominal pain. i'm not large by any means, i'm average sized, however, my erection does curve upward, so maybe the shape of the erection has something to do with how it hits the cervix?
|

replied February 24th, 2009
ksteel
i had the same problem last night while having sex. I have experienced the pain before but not this severe. It hurt so bad no matter what position i was in to a point where i was crying becuase it hurt so bad. I tried switching from the front to back (if u know what i mean) and it still hurt. I dont know what it could be, But the pain continued after it was all finished for about 30 minutes. It hurt when i coughed and when i moved around because i guess i was using the muscles in the stomach.My lower stomach felt really bloaded and tender, Any ideas on what this could be?
|

replied April 16th, 2011
ive been having pains in my lower abdomen on the right side during sex and sometimes the day after, at first i thought my coil had slipped down so had it removed..do you have a coil in?...but with no contraception other than condoms for 2 months it was still just as painful,so not the coil then! ive had a transabdominal scan and transvaginal scan....get referred to the hospital for this. mine was clear, no obvious problems so next im waiting to have a laparoscopy (probably spelt wrong!google it) which is dye injected in the ovary tracts and a camera through the belly button. message with subject PAINS if you want to hear how it goes. ill let you know what i find out next.hope this helps
clare-marie
|

replied December 22nd, 2011
this describes exactly what I felt tonyt...as I type I'm still in pain n it was over bout a good 20min ago...did u ever find out what the problem was
|