Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

18, Single, And Want to Get Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi. I am ashly.. I am 18 years old I am a college student in mt..Since I was 8 I was raising my little brother.. I loved every minute of it.. When I was in high school I worked really hard so I could go to college and make something of myself by helping children who really need me.. I want to become a social worker.. However, over the past few months I have been feeling like I want something more out of life.. My friends and mom tell me that I should volunteer.. Or something like that to get this baby idea out of my head.. To me it is not just a baby idea.. I want to bring a life into this world and raise him or her to the best of my ability.. I know what you are thinking.. "you are 18 how do you even know what your abilities are?" and that is what I am trying to explain.. I have thought of every obstacle that I would have to over come and I still want to have a child..
-i am 18 I have my whole life ahead of me... I am willing to give up the partying and craziness..
-financially I still cant pay for myself all the time... I have done all the research and with the help I can get while I am in school.. This baby would have everything he or she would want..
-school.. I am in college and having a baby would make that difficult.. But not impossible.. If I believe in myself I can do it..
-daddy.. Well I am a strong believer that if I have male influences in my childs life.. There will be nothing wrong with not having a daddy right there..
-stress, and sleep deprivation.. I know all the other stuff too.. But I know this is something I want...

I want advice.. I am not sure what the advice will be but.. I am open minded and want to hear what people have to say..
Thank you
ashly :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
For the college thing, I don't think it's so much 'believing in yourself' as it is 'trying to finish your thesis at 4am when you haven't slept in a week because of the squalling baby in your arms'.

Your potential first names for your children are also spectacularly cruel. Just thought i'd point that out.

Can we get an ip check on aisle three?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
rodge wrote:
for the college thing, I don't think it's so much 'believing in yourself' as it is 'trying to finish your thesis at 4am when you haven't slept in a week because of the squalling baby in your arms'.


Your potential first names for your children are also spectacularly cruel. Just thought i'd point that out.

Can we get an ip check on aisle three?


lol who do u think it is??
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
rodge wrote:
for the college thing, I don't think it's so much 'believing in yourself' as it is 'trying to finish your thesis at 4am when you haven't slept in a week because of the squalling baby in your arms'.



Your potential first names for your children are also spectacularly cruel. Just thought i'd point that out.

Can we get an ip check on aisle three?


lol who do u think it is??


dunno. Just thought, what with the revelation of rachel's 98 million other personalities, we'd better start checking the people who want to name their kids .Kalysstah and .Kayan. :lol:

because seriously, .Kalysstah?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Look.. I wrote this asking for advice. . Not to be made fun of.. Kalysstah means "she the most beutiful" it is greek..Alyssa is my sister.. Who I wanted to be part ot the name.. Kth is the initials of my best friend.. Please dont make fun of that.. Kayan is what my fathers name was who had past.. Are you going to sit and make fun of my dead father..Kayan is a mix between kyle and ryan which are my two grandfathers.. I wanted advice on the rest of my life.. If I wanted to be made fun of about a name I chose I would have never written in the first place.. So if you dont have advice for me please dont comment.. And I agree abou the thesis statement.. And I am not saying it would be easy.. No way.. But I am saying that not all people are meant to wait untill they are in there late 20's and 30's to have children.. I dont know.. I wanted advice not to be mocked for a name choice..
Thank you
ashly
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm not going to make fun of your father. His name? Yes. His person? No.

I just googled .Kalysstah. Got nothing. Literally nothing. We've been getting a little creative with the spelling, haven't we?

(ah, pms-condescending-b*tch mode.)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Kalysstah is usually spelt kalista or calista.. I am sorry you dont feel the same way I do about the names.. And just to let you know I am currently not going through pms.. And if someone was coming at you '!**@! mode' just sort of happens.. You have to understand.. Right? Anyway.. I am waiting to hear what others have to say about my situation..
Thanks again.. Have a nice day
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I was talking about me, actually. :lol:

you have to think about the kid, though. Will she and her peers be able to spell her name, with its unnecessary extra 's', 'y' and 'h'? :p

you have a nice day too.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Acually it is funny that you say that.. It was the first thing I thought of when I was thinking about the name.. As of right now I love the name.. I mean it means more if it is spelt that way.. But then again.. My name is spelt ashly without an e and it drives me insane how many people spell my name wrong.. It is definately something I have to think about.. But I have to have a child first.. Thanks
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 10th, 2012
Dont listen to this immature person. i think that the generation these days are getting younger by the minute, if you think that you could keep a roof over this childs head, food in its tummy and clothes its back and give it your heart then why shouldn't you have one.
if you want something in life and i mean really want it dont ask just do it!!! a child wants nothing more than love and thats the most important thing. the name is different but why not it is unusual and saves the baby have a common name thats vile Smile good luck and hope you follow through with making a new soul x
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
rodge wrote:
i was talking about me, actually. :lol:

you have to think about the kid, though. Will she and her peers be able to spell her name, with its unnecessary extra 's', 'y' and 'h'? :p

you have a nice day too.


well she didnt ask for you opinion on names...Get off her back about it...You are in the wrong not her..She came here for advice and you just assume she is fake...I dont think everyone treated you that way when you first came here...And im sure if people did you wouldnt want to be here..Just because there are fakes doesnt mean that every other person is ...You need proof before you assume...I know that it would really p I s s me off if someone did that to me...Ever heard of treat others the way you want to be treated..! Plus stick to the main topic...She wants advice about having a baby ..Not what name you think is ugly or sounds wrong..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Thank you jillian.. I definately want advice on having a baby..
Thank you again
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey, trolls have a habit of coming back and spamming like hell once they're discovered. I'm just being careful.

I gave her my opinion on having the kid as well. Just thought the name was an unwise choice. And when my pelvic area hates me as much as it does now? I don't have much of an internal censor. :p
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Fucia, my personal opinion is that you should wait until you are out of college and have a stable job and relationship before you have a child. Having a baby sounds like such a wonderful thing (and it is under the right circumstances) but you would be making it harder on yourself than it had to be.

Who would the father be? Some random guy, or someone you are in a committed relationship with? Would he continue to be in that child's life and/or pay child support?

You are right, children don't 'need' fathers, but they sure do want them when they don't have them.

Good luck deciding.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
rodge wrote:
hey, trolls have a habit of coming back and spamming like hell once they're discovered. I'm just being careful.

I gave her my opinion on having the kid as well. Just thought the name was an unwise choice. And when my pelvic area hates me as much as it does now? I don't have much of an internal censor. :p


well like I said..You cant treat everyone like they are "fakers"..Because they arent...What if I said right now oh your that one girl that keeps signing on different names...And went around posting that...Im sure you wouldnt like that...Its the internet..Yeah there are trolls...And very weird people lurking around on this damn thing...But you cant call someone "fake" simply because they are new and wanted advice about getting pregnant...Give people a break..Until they are proven fake...And there is something to prove it!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Why did you think I asked for an ip check? Rachel was caught out through the ip address. I should probably have put a :p emoticon after that, shouldn't i? Ah, well.

(okay, jillian. I'm really sorry to pick at your grammar, but the ellipses are killing me. You seem a nice person, but the ellipsis is not an all-purpose tool. Take pity on an english student? ;) )
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Y dont u stop bagging her she can name her kids watever the f*ck she wants god get a life im gonna name my sun lennon and my daughter abby road or penny lane u gonna bag that now????
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
abbyroad wrote:
y dont u stop bagging her she can name her kids watever the f*ck she wants god get a life im gonna name my sun lennon and my daughter abby road or penny lane u gonna bag that now????


you obviously like the .Beatles. That is what those name choices would say.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
rodge wrote:
why did you think I asked for an ip check? Rachel was caught out through the ip address. I should probably have put a :p emoticon after that, shouldn't i? Ah, well.

(okay, jillian. I'm really sorry to pick at your grammar, but the ellipses are killing me. You seem a nice person, but the ellipsis is not an all-purpose tool. Take pity on an english student? ;) )


um I think I will type the way I please...Weather you like it or not
get over yourself ...I wasnt being rude ..You were the one being rude by making her out to be a "fake" when she probably isnt...Sorry you are in the wrong by changing the girls whole topic..She didnt ask for your opinion on her childs name..Which in the first place isnt your business what she names her child..But she came here for advice about getting pregnant...Well lets... That is what this forum is here for...Should I call you mrs.English ...Since you are so perfect with your grammar...Lord I guess im so dumb with mine thats why I pass english with straight a's..Its the damn internet sweetie ..I will type,talk, walk, look , act the way I want..Get over it ....Atleast I spell right and dont talk like oh meh god meh bf gotz meh pregz and lik o meh god ...


God bless you

mrs. Bad english!~~haha my new nickname! Whooo

oh yeah im in a p I s s y mood everyone! :wink:
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
No, because only adults will get the pun. I'm just afraid that little .Kalysstah is looking toward a lifetime's birthday invitations spelt wrong. Hell, nobody could spell my name when I was a kid!

-adrienne.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Supporter
abbyroad wrote:
y dont u stop bagging her she can name her kids watever the f*ck she wants god get a life im gonna name my sun lennon and my daughter abby road or penny lane u gonna bag that now????


you are going to name your sun..... Are you sure you won't be naming your son?
|
Did you find this post helpful?