Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Feels Like a Hole In My Leg Muscle (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My leg muscle in the top part of my leg feels like there is a sunken hole in it. Almost like the main muscle is split in to.
Doesnt hurt but this cant be normal??
Can anyone tell me what this is or what has caused this to happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 9th, 2009
Thigh Holes!?!
I think I have a similar problem. On my upper outer thigh there are areas that feel like bumps but when I press down on them It feels like there is a hole in the muscle. I dont know if this is similar to yours but I would like to know if this is a serious problem
|

replied May 11th, 2010
Hole in top of leg
I have the same problem. It appeared about a month ago. I have a "dent" in my top right outer leg muscle. It is visible to the eye and I can feel it through my pant leg when I run my hand down my leg. It does not hurt but looks odd. I haven''t seen a doctor about it because chances are that he/she won''t know what is causing this.
|

replied May 31st, 2010
Muscle Dent
I have a dent in my thigh muscle from biking into the guard rail at 35 mph. It was a serious contusion 9 months ago (aside from the tibial plateau fracture that I got in my leg and knee). I'm not sure if this dent will ever fill in properly. I regulary do quad muscle exercises in the gym but it looks like this dent will not go away. Has a muscle dent injury happened to anyone else and if so, does the dent ever go away?
|

replied September 1st, 2011
I got a dent in my left upper thigh muscle from falling onto metal steps from two feet up and that was 7 years ago and I still have the nasty dent in my leg. It never goes away.
|

replied June 4th, 2010
hole in my right leg?
the other day i felt a little hole on the outer side of my right thigh it doesnt hurt but if i run for to long it starts to ache and then i cant walk on it, it isnt vilsable but when you put your finger on it the skin just sinks and you can feel a hard area around it.
|

replied August 7th, 2012
i have the problem also
i used to be able to run alot now it starts aching
and its harder to walk on it when it hurts
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
sunken thigh muscle
I have a dent (dropped muscle) in my thigh, went to drs as it was very visual - since then I have had an xray, ultrasound, MRI and now they want to send me for an xray of my spine - doesn't hurt that much just a dead weak feeling, been signed off for two weeks but feel guilty as I can get around just limping?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2010
the dent I have in my thigh was caused for an accute crisis of hip and knee arthritis which made my muscle to retract from the pain and reduce mobility on leg and from joints weakeness. The pain and muscle weakness lasted for about a year. This day I feel much better.

Here aplyies the "if you don't use it you loose it", that is what I learned just keep moving the afected muscles/joint even if there is pain. So,

After a about a year of working with the pain frustration weakness, doing some physiotherapy, stretching my leg and hip muscle, taking vitamint D and doing exercise, applying ice for the inflamation and massaging my own muscles I can happily say that my dent have been reduced/improved and also my leg looks much better and what is more important I regain the lost strengh in my leg and the pain and weakness have been reduce too.
It was and it is a hard work but nobody can take a better care of ones body than oneself.

Good luck to all of you.
|

replied August 8th, 2010
Experienced User
Great job lluvia! Smile Happy you actively did something to solve your problem.

To those in this thread who haven't seen doctors, please do see one and find out what is causing the hole. It may be insignificant, it may be important. Your doctor should be able to tell you, and if they can't, get a second opinion.

Good luck!
|

replied October 22nd, 2010
are all of your "dents" around your fingers when you let your arms rest to your side? I've had one on my left thigh for at least 5 years now. My sports athletic trainer says there's a hole in the muscle fibers, so there's a hole!

it doesn't hurt or anything, except for when you press on it with lots of pressure. I don't know how it is going to heal, but my trainer suggests to heat it a lot.

I wonder how I got it. The trainer says it could be from an injury sustained from when I was a child, or I was born with it. So how long have you people had your "dents", and how did you get it?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
Hole in left thigh
I also have a hole in my outer left thigh and still dont know what it is and neither does my doctor. I can put my index finger in it and it is only sore if I press hard its very strange
|

replied February 15th, 2011
hole or dent in thigh muscle
what kind of Doctor would I see if I had this "hole" or "dent" in my thigh. HELP. I made an Appt. with a dermatologist.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
hello,
I have the same, I've visited GP and she examined the area and told me it's nothing.. I was frustrated coz it is visible and it disturbs me a lot..
It is on my right outer thigh.
I wanted her to send me to take X-ray, instead she sent me to take a blood test/
Is it notmal attitude from the doctor?
I asked her, if there;s something, and it worsens, ? And she answered, we will deal with it after.
Omg isnt this just ridiculous? Why would you wait for smth to worsen , maybe its too late after?
I am really worried, I think I should go and see another doctor.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
Dents in muscles
Hello everyone,

I have had a dent/hole in my right hip muscle for 4 months and have been going crazy worrying about it. It is exactly where you get shots in your hip for strep. Everyone kept telling me it was a brown recleus. I also thought about staff or a torn muscle from dance and baton. My mom just pointed out to me that I ve had about twenty shots in that hip from strep in my life. Can shots cause holes in the muscle?
|

replied August 29th, 2011
dent/hole in my leg
I also have a dent/whole on my lower right side of leg. It's very noticible. If you touch it you can feel my bone. It's crazy. There no muscle or anything but bone. I've had it for a long time but it doesn't hurt. Just people joke with me that I have a hole in my leg. I do get many leg cramps since I've had it, mine is definently muscle loss but I don't know why it occurs. It like my muscle snapped in half.
|

replied March 25th, 2012
Muscle Atrophy
I'm pretty sure it's a form of Atrophy. I have a similar dent that didn't show up until about 6 months ago and I realized it was from me sitting in my computer chair cross-legged with that part of my thigh resting on the arm rest. I guess I had done it for so long that I had muscle deteriorate there from the constant pressure Sad I had a smaller one on my other thigh but it has gotten better since I try and sit differently.
|

replied May 14th, 2012
Dents and holes and such
I have a dent on my front outside shin. It was from a child hood injury when my sister and I lost the ball over into the neighborhood witch's backyard. She was old and scary but wasnt home so I jumped the fence. I got the ball and as I climbed back over my sister yell "shes home shes back!" I paniced and slipped and a nail tore my flesh out. It was about 1/4 inch deep and an inch long. She wasnt even home. Didnt go to the doctor just put a bandaid on it. I was limping for a while and having the nastiest scab I can remember. The scar is still still visible and the dent has moved and inch up and outwards. Sometimes when I excersise it looks like a huge vein coming out. I was looking for info if theres a way to reconnect the tissues or make it grow back.

And Ive stop going to doctors, dentists, etc unless its a major thing. I'm annoyed with them too. They always make you come back over several visits or suggest thing you dont even need. Its happened to me with several different doctors and happen to others that I know. We put our trust in them and hold them in such high regard and they give you the run around. Most the time theyre just as clueless as you. Im glad there forums and online communites where I can find information and read about others experiences first hand.
|

replied July 27th, 2012
I have a hole on the top inside of my right leg, it's high up, it looks like a big needle has gone into it and taken some flesh away with it? Then recently on the outside it's gone red? It's visible... And I can feel it, Its not like other people where you can fit your finger in its like 1mm deep? And 1-1.5 mm wide. It's not painful it's just really strange?!
|

replied August 7th, 2012
hole in leg muscle
I have the same problem on my leg im 21 now but i remember having it since freshman year in highschool
i play sports alot
there is a sunken hole sometimes doesnt hurt but sometimes walking can make it hurt
i cant even run distance anymore without it poking out alot and then it hurts
i thought it was shin splints
im going to the doctor soon to get it fixed
|

replied November 1st, 2012
Dent in Thigh muscle
I have a dent in my right thigh muscle. I fell down some stone steps (in my garden) had severe swelling and bruising for around 2 weeks, when I noticed the dent was forming. Dr. told me it would go and it was due to a haematoma when I fell. I still have it several years later. I think when I was healing my scar tissue shrank and caused the dent.
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Bevwrisdale,

If your depression in the thigh has been there for several years, it will most likely not go away.

The injury to the muscle or subQ tissues can cause the formation of a hematoma. Most of the time, the body resorbs the hematoma and there are no sequela. But, occasionally, the damage to the muscle or subQ tissue causes the death of muscle fibers and/or fat cells within the subQ, which results in a depression in the area.

Sometimes, scar formation can make the problem worse. Scar can act in two totally different ways; some will contract as it matures, while in other cases, the scar will soften and stretch out.

The depression is basically there forever. However, most of the time, it does not cause any problems, other than the way it looks.

Good luck.
|

replied January 1st, 2014
Hole type lump in upper thigh.
Hi There People.
I was wondering if anybody found out anything about this...
I have the same little dent type hole thing in my upper right outer thigh, About finger lenth when standing upright. It hurts to touch,and can feel it when running hands along thigh.
I will go to the doctor but always pretty dissapointed when doctors just leave you hanging.
|
12 >>
Tags: muscle
Quick Reply