i've bin trying for a baby for over 2 years with my husband to be and i havent yet fell pregnant and i dont think that there is anythink wrong with him because he has already made 2 girls pregnant and i have never bin pregnant and im not letting it worry me because then that could be one of the resons
Women experience sterility for many reasons:
1. Inflammatory diseases(infections) of the reproductive organs;
2. Disturbed ovulation(disturbed hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis);
3. Oversized ovarian tubes due to infections, malformations, etc.;
4. Diseases of the uterus (endometriosis, polyps, adhesions, infections, malformations, etc.);
5. Cervical disorders;
6. Vaginal disorders (vaginism, malformations, severe infections, etc.);
7. Hormonal and metabolic disorders (diabetes, thyroid disorders, suprarenal disorders, anemia, etc.);
8. Misaligned position of the genital organs;
9. Nutritive factors;
10. Immunological factors (antibodies against the spermatozoids), and
However, your husband can first request a spermogram to analyze the virility of his sperm (no matter how many children he has). It might be that he is sterile. Then, you can visit your gynecologist to request examinations that can help identify the causes of possible sterility. Several examinations can be performed: colposcopy, Pap-test, vaginal smear, vaginal ultrasound, hormonal analyses (FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone, prolactin, thyroxin, testosterone, DHEA), HSG, laparoscopy, etc.
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.