Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

What can cause Occasional Diarrhea and Vomiting?

Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....
User Profile
I have pain in my stomach when you press on it. I went to the doctor because I had some diareeha and would vomit ocassionally. He pressed on my stomach to see if anything was swollen but no. He suggested Penncillin suggesting it might be a viral infection. The diareeha stopped and the vomiting stopped but I still have discomfort. The doctor wants me to finish the medication and then come back and I might have to go for a Ct Scan. What do you think it might be if I need a further tests? Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2006
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass, Colon Disorders Answer A799
It seems likely that you were experiencing a type of gastro-intestinal infection. In this case, a CT-scan is not the proper diagnostic tool. Microbiological examinations of the feces are more useful. At this time, however, you report no vomiting or diarrhea... I doesn't seem as if you will need further diagnostic procedures. Discomfort can pass spontaneously. Neither penicillin nor any other antibiotic are used for treating viral infections. Diet and a supplement of water + salts are the most important actions for treating intestinal infections.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.